Advice Request Padvish Total Security

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Padvish Total Security is a software created by an Iranian company. The latest version is 2021. What are your thoughts on it?

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Tested quickly, I killed it at the 3rd URL.... (Ransomware) - Kaspersky doesn't see it either for info
Non-existent detection, behavioral detection that does not work etc...
Besides, you have to let it scan and do its actions by itself, otherwise the license jumps, wtf?

unknown.png

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I do think AV-TEST is a trustworthy AV review site, others on here may disagree with me.

However the test sample (23) was overall rather small and being from 2017 it speaks nothing about the current state of the Product or its ability to protect.
If you search the internet it looks like they just milking this one single test that they score 100% in years ago.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Tested quickly, I killed it at the 3rd URL.... (Ransomware) - Kaspersky doesn't see it either for info
Non-existent detection, behavioral detection that does not work etc...
Besides, you have to let it scan and do its actions by itself, otherwise the license jumps, wtf?

View attachment 261522
What exactly do you mean when you say "the license jumps"? What does that screenshot mean? Does it ask for the license key for the Padvish software or what license? I am confused. Please explain in more detail.

Reactions: [correlate]

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
What exactly do you mean when you say "the license jumps"? What does that screenshot mean? Does it ask for the license key for the Padvish software or what license? I am confused. Please explain in more detail.

If I refused Padvish updates or the analysis before the test, the license was deactivated...
So I did them.

The picture above is a Ransomware blocking the computer during the Padvish test this morning (at the 3rd URL, the first 2 were DanaBot and Redline, which were not detected either

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016
If I refused Padvish updates or the analysis before the test, the license was deactivated...
So I did them.

The picture above is a Ransomware blocking the computer during the Padvish test this morning (at the 3rd URL, the first 2 were DanaBot and Redline, which were not detected either
Did that ransomware/other samples compromise Kaspersky as well?

Reactions: [correlate]

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Padvish Total Security is a software created by an Iranian company. The latest version is 2021. What are your thoughts on it?
I've tested this program years ago it was not very bad but the only language available was pakistani.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
It has very poor detection rates (I tested in May of this year), and there is no way to purchase it from their website. As a result I highly recommend avoiding this.
Agreed. Would not touch it with a ten foot pole.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.