Paf's Security Config

Pafborg

Level 1
Thread author
May 13, 2011
Hi Guys, this is my second thread about my security config. Hope this time it is according to what is expected :).
All the best.

Pafborg

Level 1
Thread author
May 13, 2011
What I meant was that I use 3 machines, each one with a different OS. The one I'm using as I'm writing this post is the XP one, and the security config is from this one. But on the other two I have practically the same security configuration.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Primarily what are your purpose to use those 3 Windows OS machine? You may give a swap for Windows XP to a Linux Derivative for browsing and light task. ;)

Other than that, its already a good configuration.

Consider to have a backup browser and add few on demand scanners.

L

LabZero

Using XP you're vulnerable to all those attacks that could exploit security gaps.
In other words, the malwriters have an operating system that constantly suffer from 0-day vulnerabilities, destined to remain unresolved.
So, despite the good security config, I advise you not to keep personal data on this machine but on the other you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.