Poll Paid VPN or Anti Virus?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Would you rather spend your money on a VPN service or Anti Virus?

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
ESET
Opera comes with unlimited VPN
Opera owned(in silent)by Qihoo!I like total security 360 but why would I use opera if I'm not using 360 Total Security? put my privacy at a risk for no reason? also, that unlimited VPN is not a VPN.there is different between a VPN and a proxy for the browser!

Jan 16, 2017
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
Opera owned(in silent)by Qihoo!I like total security 360 but why would I use opera if I'm not using 360 Total Security? put my privacy at a risk for no reason? also, that unlimited VPN is not a VPN.there is different between a VPN and a proxy for the browser!
Their Surfeasy VPN business remained with original Opera or whatever they call themselves now, Surfeasy business recently sold to Symantec.

Sep 13, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Kaspersky
I have never paid for AV as I always can get a free license for Av like Kaspersky, Eset, Norton.... Only once I paid for a PureVpn. Replying to a topic question I would rather spend my money on AV
You might be right but my experience with PureVPN was good and still doing good with their new advanced security features of Antivirus, Antimalware, Adblocker, IDS/IPS and app blocker. I think no other VPN provider has ever launched these features before. :)

Dec 21, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Kaspersky
You can't compare both! VPN doesn't protect you against malware, ransomware! and Anti Virus doesn't hide your real IP!
Use both!

Faybert

Level 22
AV-Tester
Jan 8, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
G-Data
You can have both and for free, Opera unlimited VPN, plus other free VPN, the same way, ZoneAlarm Free, Avira, Kaspersky Free, everything depends on your need, but you can have both without paying anything.

Last edited:

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Feb 15, 2012
Operating System
Windows 7
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
A good AV you can get for free. A good VPN not
I sort of agree. Most of my security I either got free from giveaway's or they are always free, so I would rather pay for a good VPN for my privacy.

Sep 13, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Kaspersky
I sort of agree. Most of my security I either got free from giveaway's or they are always free, so I would rather pay for a good VPN for my privacy.
Do you really think by changing your IP Address, you can protect your privacy?