Panda 18.04 - New Design and Name; Panda Dome

TairikuOkami

Level 14
Content Creator
OS
Windows 10
I would say, it is even lighter than before. I think, they have added gaming mode and option to disable notications.
URL filtering does not seems to do/block anything, at least not on Yandex. In a quick test, it blocked 8 out of 10 threats.

Attachments

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
thx a lot for your quick test. yes panda free is light for years.
with firefox the web protection is very agressive ( i think the reason for the good scores @ av-test and av-comparatives)
Game mode exists in older versions too
the toolbar is crap

TairikuOkami

Level 14
Content Creator
OS
Windows 10
Do you know why is Panda called Panda? - Panda Security

But why the name Panda for a security company? Have a guess! Is it:

a. Because the panda bear is not native to China, as believed, but to Spain, the country of origin of Panda Security.
b. Because the company was founded by a bunch of friends, and bunch of friends in Spanish translates as “panda”.
c. Because one of the creative’s favourite stuffed animal was a panda.
P.S.: I have actually liked it more, when they used the cute panda icon. If they were still using it, I would use it as a realtime AV, just for that alone. :)

OS
Linux
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Think I might give this a spin. I used to like panda cloud years ago then on the past 2 machines ive owned for some reason the popups for a detection will lag around 1-2 minutes behind removal of file (same with Bitdefender free) wonder if this might be gone in this version.

RoboMan

Level 22
Content Creator
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
What is this childish like theme with picture backgrounds? I seriously dislike the GUI... I hope they improved the product...

I would say, it is even lighter than before.
I concur, only 9MB here.
The only thing now is that Windows Defender did not "deactivate" itself, MsMpEng.exe still running at a new world heaviest champion record 101 MB!!!
This is very bad when running it by itself, extremely sluggish, but a real pain in the A.. alongside Panda.
Anyone knows the best way to disable this " feature" from Microsoft?

/W

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Comodo
One question, when you scan for malware also see the registry keys scanned? Greetings friends.
I don't remember keys being visually scanned in the previous version and as far as I'm aware the scanning process hasn't changed.
Hi anyone know if detection has increased ?
Noting new detection wise. Still the same mediocre signatures and slow-to-react behaviour blocker.