App Review Panda Cloud 2.0 Free Test and Review(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
[attachment=2212]

Well, thats kind of unusual. ;)

First review(but I am going to do all 3 within the next couple of days), Panda Cloud free.
* As a side-note there might be slightly more editing than normal do to the fact of background noise interference that I did not want to be in the test.

Attachments

• Capture123.JPG
    Capture123.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 473
Last edited by a moderator:

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
NSG001 said:
Nice vid, panda desperately needs better 0 day protection to be effective.

Thanks for the feedback and kudos. I completely agree with what you are saying. I overestimated Panda before testing, and the product turned out to be a total flop during my test.

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
Good review! Keep up the good work! I didn't see behavior blocker and behavior analysis of panda cloud in action.
They need to work on them.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
MDRockstar said:
Good review! Keep up the good work! I didn't see behavior blocker and behavior analysis of panda cloud in action.
They need to work on them.

Yes I did not see either one of those reacting to the malware. I did not even see any "virus has been neutralized" warnings from Panda. Very disappointing performance all around. Also thanks for the positives feedback!

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
It was mainly a PUP.FunMood which Panda (as far as I know does not classify as malware/pup hence the reason it was not detected. Although the number of infections was high in MBAM you also gotta look at the way MBAM counts each infection. Each registry keys counts as an infection which makes the Panda look pretty bad. The overall number of infections that were not pup seemed very low imo.

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
Ibrad said:
It was mainly a PUP.FunMood which Panda (as far as I know does not classify as malware/pup hence the reason it was not detected. Although the number of infections was high in MBAM you also gotta look at the way MBAM counts each infection. Each registry keys counts as an infection which makes the Panda look pretty bad. The overall number of infections that were not pup seemed very low imo.

Yeah, I agree Ibrad. By the way PUP are not necessary malware. Panda did not that bad but that not explain why behavior blocking and analysis don't show alert. Is it a silent behavior blocker?

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
Behavior blocking still needs work, I think it was what was going to be improved soon. However the Firewall was going to play a bigger roll hence the reason it has not been improved much since release yet. I know the goal is to eventually get it at the same level at TruPrevent in Panda Antivirus PRO/Panda IS products but they needed the firewall first.

Behavior analysis is more in the background as far as I know.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.