Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Source
Some of the most notable changes implemented for 1.9.2 are the following:

New firewall platform for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Intrusion Detection System protection against network attacks.
Ability to adapt firewall behaviour by zones.
Registration of the firewall component in the Windows Security Center.
Deactivation/activation of the built-in Windows Firewall when the Panda Cloud Antivirus firewall is activated/deactivated.
New technologies for improved malware disinfection.
Improved detection of in-memory malware.
Improved disinfection of packed/compressed malware.
Improved quarantine management.
Process monitor without the URL monitoring.
Activity monitor in the main interface window.
Last detection show in the main interface window.
Added advanced configuration to enable/disable detection of potentially unwanted programs.
Added advanced configuration to enable/disable background scan after cache synchronization.
Added advanced configuration to enable/disable on-demand scan within compressed archives.
Added advanced configuration to exclude elements by extension.
Improved scanning architecture and integration with Quarantine and memory scanning module.
Integrated new toolbar with Google search instead of Yahoo.
Button to hide the promotional banners shown in the main interface.
Improved integration with the Windows Security Center for the antivirus component.
Improved integration with Collective Intelligence of unknown and new malware samples.
Performance improvement to lower system impact when treating files within Explorer and Recycle Bin.

P

Plexx

I have installed and a few things I noticed:
Under the scanning settings, Scan compress files on demand is not enabled.

Under the firewall settings/intrusion prevention, amongst the long list of options there is no explanation what so ever.

Autorun is disabled by default but no info given as well.

Now if you give this to a beginner user or even a average user who will likely install and forget, when he/she decides to explore will only get god knows how many question mark.

Apart from this, indeed scanning speed has improved compared to previous version I used.

I have also suggested the above on the relevant beta forum.
Explain briefly what is Autorun and why it is recommended to be disabled by default.

As for usage:
taskd.png

D

Deleted member 178

Where is the Panda service (PSUNhost,or something like that) ? no more?

P

Plexx

umbrapolaris said:
Where is the Panda service (PSUNhost,or something like that) ? no more?

Only 2 services. The URL filter and the PSUNMAIN process (note that I have removed the toolbar).

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Still how much it uses is great, mind you it is a cloud AV.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Definitely its everything were light like feathers and major cons is needing a connection to make it fully active.

Thus Cloud AV makes the detection have a higher accuracy since its delivers in realtime.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Light on RAM usage, but who doesn't say it may slow down your PC performance.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I too have used Panda Cloud and its great. No impact at all. Still CloudAvs cant replace full time ones.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I installed it, After a few hours I did notice there was diffidently a slow down (Yes a suprise to me) and I was experiencing odd system glitches. Hard to explain them, Not exactly screenshot material. I did manage to create a restore point before installing and reverted to it. Everything is back to normal and the odd issues are gone.

I'll give it another go when 2.0 final releases. Thanks. :)

- Windows 8 Release Preview 64-Bit

P

Plexx

Earth said:
Light on RAM usage, but who doesn't say it may slow down your PC performance.

I have not yet experienced any slowdown on the PC even on full scan. What I will try to do is do it on an image of my Host and see.

Still a bit sceptical on the firewall though. If only they would have some tooltips under the firewall options and IDS it would be handy instead of me going to the help section and dig it from there.

Will keep testing out.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I have never experienced a slowdown either although I was running quickheal alongside it.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
You don't wanna do that because there is only room for one and this Panda does not like to share. Real talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.