Panda Cloud Antivirus - Crippled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Anyone noticed patterns emerging in video reviews of the Panda antivirus versions (Cloud and Non Cloud which I'll call sunshine) with Panda Cloud sucking in reviews whereas Panda Sunshine always does well.
Why are panda doing this? Since people are unaware of this then they're hardly going to go paying for the Sunshine version with the Cloud version sucking this badly.
But enough of my views, what do you think?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I am taking the product as it is: a limited version of their payed products. Most free AV-s encourage you to upgrade to the full payed version as it provides better protection. Notable exceptions being Microsoft Security Essential and Comodo's products.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
bogdan said:
I am taking the product as it is: a limited version of their payed products. Most free AV-s encourage you to upgrade to the full payed version as it provides better protection. Notable exceptions being Microsoft Security Essential and Comodo's products.
Interestingly enough, Panda Cloud encourages only the purchase of their paid cloud version, they never make any mention of their Sunshine line.
The paid cloud version is still just as bad, though.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I do not know if the payed cloud version is "just as bad" I never tested it.

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011
I can't trust a company that will let me use crippled security software. I know they want to give users a reason to pay for it but to sacrifice security is reprehensible in my opinion.

G

Guest28

Avast is a pretty full free suite to. But yea panda still needs improvements on their software just like immunet when immunet first started they had everything in the free version they got sneaky and changed things around.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Immunet has the third scanning engine a paid one cause they have to pay the Bitdefender license so they can't give it for free.

Back to the subject: Panda has a few problems but that's doesn't makes it a crappy security program. Their biggest problems are the I/O usage, mine increased after one hour to 1.650.000 reads and 80967 writes, still keeping the lightness I'm used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.