• Not so Great on Detection Rate against 241 Files

• Behavioral Blocker did not seem to exist
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testing’s, Panda Free did not seem to protect
Me very good. The only reason this free version passed the web
Link test compare to their internet security suite is the
Toolbar. I hope Panda Free improve a little on detection rate and
Improve Dramatically on Behavioral blocker. For right now, I will
Not recommend this to users, but will recommend the toolbar.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
The most recent AV-test on Win 8 OS produced the following results for Panda Cloud free. On which OS was your test conducted?
Protection against 0-day malware attacks, inclusive of web and e-mail threats (Real-World Testing)
Industry average: 94
Samples used: 110
Detection of widespread and prevalent malware discovered in the last 4 weeks (the AV-TEST reference set)
Industry average: 96
Samples used: 19,604

Industry average: 94
Samples used: 110
in %
Detection of widespread and prevalent malware discovered in the last 4 weeks (the AV-TEST reference set)
Industry average: 96
Samples used: 19,604
in %
http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=134977

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
avc_sum_201312_en_1.png

* = Standard, ** = Advanced, *** = Advanced+

The best detection rates 2013 - AV-Comparatives

F-Secure And Bitdefender, BullGuard-Qihoo, Kaspersky Lab
6sliknymqe.gif

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I used windows 7
Here is the most recent AV-test with Win 7. But as I commented in another thread these tests could fluctuate up or down because of variables such as sample set used, OS, methodology, etc.
Protection against 0-day malware attacks, inclusive of web and e-mail threats (Real-World Testing)
Industry average: 91
Samples used: 125
in %
Industry average: 97
Samples used: 19,581
in %
Protection Score:
_160aaaa51e.png
5.0/6.0
Performance
Average influence of the product on computer speed in daily usage Jul Aug
Use cases: visiting websites, downloading software, installing and running programs and copying data
Industry average: 4
Number of test cases: 5
in s
Performance Score:
_ff9d7bf278.png
3.5/6.0
http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=133188

Last edited:

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Just letting you guys know that you can post as many website reviews as you like, but the difference between mines and theirs is that mine is in details showing you guys every single move i make. i don't just give antivirus a certain amount of stars because of there name or there popularity, i base my stars on there categories of testing. it gets annoying when certain individuals like my norton review says, "it should've got 4/5 stars because its norton" or even funnier one "it shouldve got 4/5 because pcmag or other websites gave a 4/5." I respect you're comments, but when i read that kind of stuff, i say to myself, "i am showing fully detailed reviews and why it got that many stars" what more do they want." You guys should complain to pcmag or other websites because they don't show you anything but stars and some detailed words that have no proof.
Here is the most recent AV-test with Win 7. But as I commented in another thread these tests could fluctuate up or down because of variables such as sample set used, OS, etc.
Industry average: 91
Samples used: 125
in %
Industry average: 97
Samples used: 19,581
in %
Protection Score:
_160aaaa51e.png
5.0/6.0
Performance
Average influence of the product on computer speed in daily usage Jul Aug
Use cases: visiting websites, downloading software, installing and running programs and copying data
Industry average: 4
Number of test cases: 5
in s
Performance Score:
_ff9d7bf278.png
3.5/6.0
http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=133188

just wondering, are you posting that to show others that review is more accurate then mines?

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
just wondering, are you posting that to show others that review is more accurate then mines?
No, not at all. Accuracy, in my view, can be highly subjective because of aforementioned variables. Which is why AV tests results can sometimes differ from one tester to another.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
No, not at all. Accuracy, in my view, can be highly subjective because of aforementioned variables. Which is why AV tests results can sometimes differ from one tester to another.
Ohh then never mind, I do apologize.
just that i have been in MalwareTips for awhile and of all the comments i have gotten, only 3 comments have said something like the huge paragraph i written in this post. I would love for all antivirus's to get 5/5 stars, but i cant give it to them if they don't do a certain job that i want them to do. It seems that my ratings is personal to some people as if i made fun of them or said real cruel things to there families.

but like i said i do apologize!

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Ohh then never mind, I do apologize.
just that i have been in MalwareTips for awhile and of all the comments i have gotten, only 3 comments have said something like the huge paragraph i written in this post. I would love for all antivirus's to get 5/5 stars, but i cant give it to them if they don't do a certain job that i want them to do. It seems that my ratings is personal to some people as if i made fun of them or said real cruel things to there families.

but like i said i do apologize!
Some people develop personal attachments to their AVs/security software like they might with a child, or a woman. And woe be to the person who speaks ill of them. :D I view any AV test I come across as a window into a product that I might not otherwise have. But I also find it helpful, when weighing a decision about a product, to balance what professional test organizations say with the feedback of regular users for a more balanced perspective. So keep testing.

Last edited:

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I agree fully that their BB does not seem to exist, if it does it must be one of the worst ones out there.
Since Pedro (pbust) stopped work at Panda, it seems development and talking ideas with user on different forums etc dropped dead.
I like the way this product work, but I would like to see engagement from them in a forum like this for example.
The same happened to Immunet after Alfred disappeared, he always like (pbust) took new ides in to consideration, and passed the ides along to the development team if he saw potential in them.

/W

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What? o_O
I will Not recommend this to users, but will recommend the toolbar.

Panda Cloud Antivirus Free (installer)
- Panda Security Toolbar powered by Yahoo
- MyStart (webpage) powered by Yahoo, by Visicom Media

upload_2014-1-27_14-28-37.png

The Panda Security Toolbar can be uninstalled without affecting Panda's URL Filtering. Although some prefer to not install Toolbars in the first place, as well as allowing it to change your settings.

upload_2014-1-27_14-40-47.png

Panda Security Toolbar thread, here.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
What? o_O

Panda Cloud Antivirus Free (installer)
- Panda Security Toolbar powered by Yahoo
- MyStart (webpage) powered by Yahoo, by Visicom Media

View attachment 7345

The Panda Security Toolbar can be uninstalled without affecting Panda's URL Filtering. Although some prefer to not install Toolbars in the first place, as well as allowing it to change your settings.

View attachment 7351

Panda Security Toolbar thread, here.

For example, i would rather download avast free and go to panda's website and download there toolbar. The reason i feel safer with avast free is because it has better detection rate and there behavorial blocker is good, but not the best. The panda toolbar that i can get separately + avast web blocking = a good protection!

http://free.pandasecurity.com = panda toolbar

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Web protection by means of toolbars - outdated technologies))

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.