App Review Panda Cloud AV Pro review (nsm0220)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@NSG001 Did you watch right until the end?

@nsm0220 I'm using Panda Free Antivirus and haven't encountered any malware on my system. The new UI isn't that great, but is customisable.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Just finished watching the video.
Overall no major infections that i saw.
Reasonably impressed for a freebie :)

Thankyou and Goodnight ;)

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Just finished watching the video.
Overall no major infections that i saw.
Reasonably impressed for a freebie :)

Thankyou and Goodnight ;)

but it let in a malware that was that was in important area of windows that's Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows you need that folder in order to boot into windows error free

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Now that is a big fail by Panda. I don't like the way Panda goes. Baidu, Qihoo are growing and some AV are going down so fast.

Care to explain? Every antivirus can and will miss zero day malware, it isnt the end of the world.

Btw, I really hate Baidu and its aggressive adware-like behavior.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Now that is a big fail by Panda. I don't like the way Panda goes. Baidu, Qihoo are growing and some AV are going down so fast.

Hmmm home expert? Panda has always been a top brand, and they always achieved to be at least sub top, while developing their OWN software.
Baidu and Qihoo while both doing great are just hyped AV programs that happen to tap into the Asian market where they are protected by the great China wall.
Nevermind, i am not even going to explain it...
Lets say Ba & Qi need a few more years to catch up...

Reactions: MalwareT

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Care to explain? Every antivirus can and will miss zero day malware, it isnt the end of the world.

Btw, I really hate Baidu and its aggressive adware-like behavior.
but you see important windows folders and files are off limits to malware so when an avs zero day protection doesn't want to protect important windows folders and files then that tells you something i think you know want it is

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Hmmm home expert? Panda has always been a top brand, and they always achieved to be at least sub top, while developing their OWN software.
Baidu and Qihoo while both doing great are just hyped AV programs that happen to tap into the Asian market where they are protected by the great China wall.
Nevermind, i am not even going to explain it...
Lets say Ba & Qi need a few more years to catch up...

I appreciate all your valuable input but come on, always been a top brand? That's just straightup nonsense my friend. It's always been a so so company with a so so product wich right now happens to rock at avc but that's basicly it. Not saying it's a bad or average product tho.

Reactions: Striker

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I appreciate all your valuable input but come on, always been a top brand? That's just straightup nonsense my friend. It's always been a so so company with a so so product wich right now happens to rock at avc but that's basicly it. Not saying it's a bad or average product tho.

After working with them (trough my job) pretty much since they started, and knowing the full background of Panda i can tell you that you are the one not knowing what you are talking about. (No disrespect intended)
However i will say that Panda did have a lesser time as they changed some things around which did not work out the way they intended.
But fact is that Panda antivirus has brought many innovations to the antivirus community that even Symantec and Mcafee cannot claim. Many AV companies today base their engine technology on trueprevent and other innovations that Panda introduced.
Now i am not a fan of them, but like it or not they are a top brand as the antivirus part is just a tiny bit of what they really bring to the antivirus community. you might wanna read this wiki

So before you make sensational statements please remind yourself that there are people here on MT that might know the companies mentioned.;)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightwalker

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
i will agree you on that

Well that totally depend on how you configure it, as they use to be rather good. Granted as i mentioned before they made some calls in the past that did not work out the way they intended, however i know that Panda is working on something that will solve that.

Reactions: Dubseven

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Well that totally depend on how you configure it, as they use to be rather good. Granted as i mentioned before they made some calls in the past that did not work out the way they intended, however i know that Panda is working on something that will solve that.

uf ur using panda free u can change the settings to what u want, zeroday protections is just bad.

Reactions: Manzai

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Or use the "anti-exe" of Panda IS :D
thats true, but its not inclued in the free version. and the anti-exe blocks almost everything and isnt mature. n.nvt can say what he want. the endproduct is just not that good as hes saying. i would say qihoo and many other avs are way better than panda, proactive and detection wise.

Reactions: MikeV and Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.