App Review Panda Dome Free Antivirus Review | Test vs Malware (TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Not a fan of Panda, nor of this testing method, but let's be honest, if we would bash every AV that failed against some new samples, then we would have no AV left over. Panda is still one of the bigger names in the AV industry and just like every company they do their best to keep up with all those new attacks each day.
It's a free limited features product and not more than that, what would you want, that it blocks everything? Now he ran maybe 500 samples in 2 minutes, but what is the chance that an average user would discover such a sample in the time between first appearance and detection by the signatures? And with that I mean not looking for the danger dark sides of the internet, but just simple browsing. Close to zero. It isn't the best for brand new malware, but that doesn't mean it isn't usable or enough protection for the average not so techy pc user that doesn't care about these tests or scores. And those reactions below the video on youtube... If you like their products, use them, if you don't like them, use something else, but know that also your competitive product isn't flawless against all malware.
About the 100%, he better show all websites of companies that have that on their website. Now it's like only Panda shows this. The people of the marketing department also need to do work for their money anyway...

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
Hello! How can I download python malex.py ?
The author of the video shares with him?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

IMO, it would be better to stop posting AV-tests video reviews, every time the same discussion here...

If these video-tests are not realistic, why should you care about it ?
Agreed about first part. I care about these videos because, A. I'm a paid Panda customer and I have full rights to express my thoughts, B. I actually report bugs to help them make Dome better, C. I am against any misinformation spread about product (X) which may lead to unfair bashing and impact products reputation, in this case, this exact video does not represent real word situation by someone who has installed Panda Dome. Dome is still buggy and a new product, that's a fact and I don't recommend to use it, nor Free nor Paid versions yet, but once dev team fixes some cruical bugs and UI, it will be a good suite. I stand for what I believe is right, and I believe Panda is not trash by how it is made to look like in this particular review by AV tester who launches a custom script to execute malware samples lol. But who am I to talk and share my experience if I don't participate in the MH, so I'll better just stfu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
With a vastly improved Windows Defender, Kaspersky free and Bitdefender free the only reason to be running Panda free is for the low system impact. I think we all already knew that comes with a cost of lower protection.

But it's a risk as a Webroot (low impact) user I accept because Windows 10 has some really strong default deny options available that no one else acknowledges. I'm talking about all Smartscreen settings set to block and Allow apps from the Windows Store only.
+ It takes 1 min to check an executable on Virus Total.

This test is meaningless to anyone with one iota of security knowledge.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Looks like there is a mistake on their website. It says that the free version has a firewall, which is of course not the case:
Knipsel.PNG

Gratis antivirus voor Windows en Android
-----
@davisd You are completely right. Panda is slowly making progress and is becoming better and better compared to what is was a few years ago.
Congrats on your effort to report bugs and help them improving the product. That's way more valuable for them than a video with unnecessary bashing the product. On the forum other people are also reporting bugs: Panda Security Forum - View forum - Panda Dome - Issues which is good to see.

And protection wise, also keep in mind they don't have the same big userbase than for example Kaspersky of Bitdefender, so their collective intelligence is not as big as the competitive cloud, but still they are doing a good job to keep up.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
But who am I to talk and share my experience if I don't participate in the MH, so I'll better just stfu.
My opinion is not against any special person, I just noticed the same behavior of people in every thread of video-tests...

Of course, you can sharing your experience of any product! It has nothing to do with participation in the MH or not active there ;)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
But who am I to talk and share my experience if I don't participate in the MH, so I'll better just stfu.
It would be great to see Panda in the HUB, every new tester is warmly welcome, because there aren’t that much.
If you have the possibilities, feel free to join!
You can link the results to the vendor, this might help them both seeing their product grow as well improving the product.

Talk to @Solarquest or @harlan4096 if you decide to join :)
See you soon maybe!

I

illumination

My opinion is not against any special person, I just noticed the same behavior of people in every thread of video-tests...

Of course, you can sharing your experience of any product! It has nothing to do with participation in the MH or not active there ;)
Turning a blind eye to misinformation will help no one. These video's are never ending, they keep being posted, and new members will be viewing these, and those same youtubers will still keep collecting on it, should be enough said.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It would be great to see Panda in the HUB, every new tester is warmly welcome, because there aren’t that much.
If you have the possibilities, feel free to join!
You can link the results to the vendor, this might help them both seeing their product grow as well improving the product.

Talk to @Solarquest or @harlan4096 if you decide to join :)
See you soon maybe!
From September I can perform/publish some tests ressults with Panda Dome Premium with tweaked settings if needed :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.