App Review Panda Dome Free v22

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Panda test!
Panda Dome is an antivirus from Spain that has been acquired by WatchGuard. For several years, Panda Security has been offering an antivirus on the cloud while relying on a clear interface.
But, Panda has never passed any of my tests, will it manage to reverse the trend?

Interface: 10/10

The interface of Panda Dome is very nice and clear for novices. The antivirus is ready to use as soon as it is installed!
In terms of RAM consumption, Panda is moderate, it doesn't take up much RAM

Protection: 10/10 Web Protection / Blocks all droppers executed by the fake crack / Remains 50 threats on 190 malware

The web protection is non-existent because it does not have any... Panda blocks malicious files at the end of the download.
However, Panda only blocks at launch, which is a pity. It would be better if it detects as soon as the malicious program arrives on the computer!

On the package, it is still a cold shower. Panda still can't defend itself properly. Although it is improving a little in this area, it is still a fiasco...

Result :
Panda : 0
NPE: 12
KVRT : 25 - infection in memory !
EEK : 10
ESET : 13

Recommand : No
System Clean : No system infected

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
You don't know how to test it!

(It's sarcasm, just in case someone doesn't notice it) :alien:

happy panda GIF

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Shall we test with the evasive malware? Or maybe I should collect fresh samples first 😅

Even the old ones he doesn't see them! :D
Last time I tried, I easily infected the PC with BronTok and Virut which are worms dating from 2005/2006....

Reactions: Trident

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
I’ve never even heard of them…
This is a free antivirus, but the benefits of it are zero. Even the developers of this antivirus say that when using it, do not turn off Windows defender. The Zoner does not protect against serious viruses, but at the same time, Zoner has a lot of false reactions, even his own installer considers it dangerous. There is nothing worse than this antivirus. I recently watched a test where this antivirus did not protect the system even from very old viruses, as a result of which all system files were destroyed, without the possibility of automatic recovery of the system (only from the installation disk or flash drive).

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
They haven’t heard of Sophos Sorel. It’s a collection of large amount of malware, specially classified for vendors to train their AI. Oh well… I am looking at their website, they do some photo editing software (probably just as bad). They are aiming to become the Chezch Ashampoo.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.