Panda USB Vaccine: How does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leito360

Thread author
Nov 5, 2014
Well... that's it... what does this software do to "protect" my usb drive from future infections? Let's say... what if I vaccine a thumb drive and later I connect it to an infected computer?... Will the virus get in the drive and start spreading?

Surtur

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 11, 2013
Vaccine for removable USB devices, preventing the AutoRun file from becoming a source of infection. The tool disables this file so it cannot be read, modified or replaced by malicious code.:)

Leito360

Thread author
Nov 5, 2014
Awesome. I asked this because I tried a similar tool, but the virus just got all over the protection like if it wasn't there. I'll try with panda to see if it works.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Immunize your USB, just don't be shock if there's a file drop to your usb cause its a sign of being operated by Panda USB Vaccine.(AFAIK) ;)

Leito360

Thread author
Nov 5, 2014
Yeah, it created an Autorun.inf with "cacaca" also, I couldn't create folders named autorun.inf or another file of the same type... so far, seems good to me. At least until I can bypass that stupid "Ice\Fire" malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.