Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Opera is my default browser and i´m using VD, but in autopilot mode.
Very light and strong config my friend, by the way, i´m testing WF with Windows Firewall Control, and it´s a very good option if you want to try it. :)
Thank you :)
I've only tried the free version of Binisoft and it's a great rule based controller.
I am currently looking for interactive FWs with more provisions/features to evaluate how useful that additional control can be for combos.
Opera was my fav, tried Cent, got back to Opera ;)

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Additions
  1. Bitdefender Total Security 2018B (Paranoid mode ON, Autopilot OFF)(in place of KIS)
  2. Adguard Desktop (Stealth mode, added filters)
  3. VoodooShield free (Smart mode)
  4. ZAL (Identity protection only)
  5. Yandex browser
Removals
  1. Kaspersky IS
  2. Temasoft Ranstop (temporary removal)
  3. uBlock Origin
  4. Avira Browser Safety
  5. SecureAPlus (installed and removed)
Had replaced Private FW with ZA FW on the other system. Reverted to WD + Private FW + Heimdal Pro + VDS. The former has way more to offer.
@Sr. Normal 2.0 today's flash news goes somewhat like this: some highly anticipated app took decades to begin with and was thrown out.. o_O
If/when I reinstall KIS, I'll bring back DeepArmor (or probably earlier) and swap out VDS, for balancing the functionality equation.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Additions
  1. Bitdefender Total Security 2018B (Paranoid mode ON, Autopilot OFF)(in place of KIS)
  2. Adguard Desktop (Stealth mode, added filters)
  3. VoodooShield free (Smart mode)
  4. ZAL (Identity protection only)
  5. Yandex browser
Removals
  1. Kaspersky IS
  2. Temasoft Ranstop (temporary removal)
  3. uBlock Origin
  4. Avira Browser Safety
  5. SecureAPlus (installed and removed)
Had replaced Private FW with ZA FW on the other system. Reverted to WD + Private FW + Heimdal Pro + VDS. The former has way more to offer.
@Sr. Normal 2.0 today's flash news goes somewhat like this: some highly anticipated app took decades to begin with and was thrown out.. o_O
If/when I reinstall KIS, I'll bring back DeepArmor (or probably earlier) and swap out VDS, for balancing the functionality equation.
you might regret installing Adguard just like i did.

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0
S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Reactions: JM Safe and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
you might regret installing Adguard just like i did.
From what I remember, Adguard caused instability in your system, in the form of BSODs?
It's working well in my current setup till now, hopefully it continues to!

I'm sorry, I do not understand what can go wrong. On my computer Opera and Yandex work very quickly working with flash.
How did you miss this ;)?
SecureAPlus (installed and removed)

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
From what I remember, Adguard caused instability in your system, in the form of BSODs?
It's working well in my current setup till now, hopefully it continues to!

How did you miss this ;)?
yea BSOD-ing netio.sys, but the other main issue is, that performance wise, the browser extensions perform better than Adguard desktop while doing the same job.

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
yea BSOD-ing netio.sys, but the other main issue is, that performance wise, the browser extensions perform better than Adguard desktop while doing the same job.
That should be true. I've had no interest in Adguard extension in general. I'll prefer UBO with added filters.
I'm trying Adguard Desktop for the first time and the system-wide features and some granular control options are keeping me interested. You can easily modify rules or settings unlike in case of a modified host file for universal filtering without that control.
And so far, it feels light on the system. Will evaluate for a couple of days more.

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Additions
  1. Emsisoft Internet Security (alert on inbound/outbound connection by unknown programs)(added Hosts file)
  2. VoodooShield Pro (thanks to @Duotone)
  3. Forticlient (Vulnerability scan module)
  4. Enabled 'System services & Task Scheduler' monitor in Kerish Doctor
  5. Hardened Windows further
  6. All-in-one SX Kit (On-demand: Stream Armor / VT Scanner / Autorun Disabler / Win Service Manager / USB Blocker / .. / Hidden File Finder / Net Share Monitor / Remote DLL / Spy BHO Remover / Spy DLL Remover)
  7. Hacker Deterrent Pro (testing it now)
Removals
  1. Kaspersky IS 2018 (that had followed BTS 2018 Beta)
  2. Adguard Desktop
  3. PortUp Updater
  4. Norton ConnectSafe DNS
Also added the details of my Layered config.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Additions
  1. Emsisoft Internet Security (alert on inbound/outbound connection by unknown programs)(added Hosts file)
  2. VoodooShield Pro (thanks to @Duotone)
  3. Forticlient (Vulnerability scan module)
  4. Enabled 'System services & Task Scheduler' monitor in Kerish Doctor
  5. Hardened Windows further
  6. All-in-one SX Kit (On-demand: Stream Armor / VT Scanner / Autorun Disabler / Win Service Manager / USB Blocker / .. / Hidden File Finder / Net Share Monitor / Remote DLL / Spy BHO Remover / Spy DLL Remover)
  7. Hacker Deterrent Pro (testing it now)
Also added the details of my Layered security config.

Removals

1. Kaspersky IS 2018 (that had followed BTS 2018 Beta)
  2. Adguard Desktop
  3. PortUp Updater
  4. Norton ConnectSafe DNS
Great additions, just saying gimme5! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.