Advice Request Password Manager: Cookie Encryption

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Does anyone know of a password manager that encrypts and stores the actual session data from web-browser?

Like... (when unlocked) automatically place the required cookies/session data in corresponding folder so the browser would never have to log-in to the websites.

I was thinking this would be a cool feature, but haven't come across any software that does it.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Does anyone know of a password manager that encrypts and stores the actual session data from web-browser?

Like... (when unlocked) automatically place the required cookies/session data in corresponding folder so the browser would never have to log-in to the websites.

I was thinking this would be a cool feature, but haven't come across any software that does it.
I want a feature called "brainwave recognition" by which the machine would automatically understand my thoughts and passwords in my memory to automatically login to websites so that i don't have to move my fingers or need to click my mouse. "I was thinking this would be a cool feature, but haven't come across any software that does it."

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
I know you're being a smartass, but I'm sure Tesla will have you covered soon enough, lol.

The reason I thought of this feature, is cause the best I have found is one that 'automatically' logs in once you are at the login page, and I wondered if anything existed that I haven't noticed yet.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

This would be a security problem and also doesn't work because of changing cookie data like timestamps.

What did you want archive?
Automatically logins? Every browser provide that natively.
If other people use your PC: encrypt your drive, use different Windows accounts with login data required and you're safe.

No need to reforge the wheel ;)

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
I thought cookies can be set not to expire? Why would it be a security issue? Everything would be encrypted until entering a password, then the software would restore the session data in the browser.

I use drive encryption, etc., just thought it could be an extra layer of security and was curious if anything like it existed, and I'm surprised nothing does.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.