Password Managers 2019

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Sticky Password has an option to synchronise between devices using WiFI- avoiding the need to store passwords in the cloud. I don't think any other password managers provide that option- it seems more secure to me.

Having said that, I don't give any email or banking logins to password managers. I'd rather write those down on a piece of paper !

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Dashlane is a legit company. I've used both their free and premium services. Their free service is limited to one device and a max of 50 accounts (stored locally and you can't sync passwords). Their premium service was much better but it was more expensive compared to other paid offerings at the time. I also had trouble with their auto-fill feature being aggressive (e.g., trying to fill in information in the wrong fields).

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I just found out that I can remember all the unique passwords that I create across 'n' number of websites.

Create one complex password, and use a variation for every site from website names.

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Dashlane is a legit company. I've used both their free and premium services. Their free service is limited to one device and a max of 50 accounts (stored locally and you can't sync passwords). Their premium service was much better but it was more expensive compared to other paid offerings at the time. I also had trouble with their auto-fill feature being aggressive (e.g., trying to fill in information in the wrong fields).

Wow their auto fill was not good? I kinda wanna move to something else than 1Password because of their auto fill

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hey guys!

Wich passoword managaer is doing better in autofilling apps on android and browsers?

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Password managers you say? I use brain.exe.

~LDogg
I don't just use a password manager for security and convenience, my memory is absolutely terrible... There's no way I'd be able to remember so many passwords, regardless of how complex they are.

One of my google account has a psw length of 60+ letters, symbols, etc.....so i think a password manager is really needed.
I personally use two password manager: LastPass and Bitwarden but i like Bitwarden most.

Reactions: Alexhousek

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Password managers you say? I use brain.exe.

~LDogg
brain.exe is too busy and uses more resources on businesses than remembering passwords for 300 websites...

One of my google account has a psw length of 60+ letters, symbols, etc.....so i think a password manager is really needed.
I personally use two password manager: LastPass and Bitwarden but i like Bitwarden most.
I want to give LastPass a try but their software is not that good (and website) compared to 1Password's software.

With LastPass I also experience some issues with the Safari extension on my MacBook...I have to use the app from their website but then its different than their software from App Store. Fingerprint unlock works only on app from App Store and not from their website...really messy

Reactions: vaccineboy

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017

I'm curious, why? I've been using LastPass for years, but I see more and more people using Bitwarden. For those of you who have used both, why do you prefer Bitwarden over LastPass?

Also, I like the ability to use LastPass on my Android phone and to be able to access my passwords via Lastpass.com. Does Bitwarden have both capabilities?

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
I'm curious, why? I've been using LastPass for years, but I see more and more people using Bitwarden. For those of you who have used both, why do you prefer Bitwarden over LastPass?

Also, I like the ability to use LastPass on my Android phone and to be able to access my passwords via Lastpass.com. Does Bitwarden have both capabilities?
Why dont you just access your passwords from the Android app and you manually login via the browser to their website???

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I'm curious, why?
1- I've been using LastPass for years, but I see more and more people using Bitwarden.
2- For those of you who have used both, why do you prefer Bitwarden over LastPass?
1- ummmmm...maybe because it is free?
2- ummmmm...ah yes , it is free.

ummmm...yes, and bitwarden's vault is accessible via its Android app.

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016

As Umbra said above these would be the reasons why I use Bitwarden more and integrate better on Android... and LastPass have had security issues in the past ... so ... yes ... that's why.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.