Serious Discussion Password Managers are a waste of money

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I strongly disagree with the main post.

A good password manager will simplify things. Will let you generate random, unique, and secure passwords; save secure notes; save passwords you can't even remember due to its complexity; and most importantly will work amongst all browsers, operating systems and platforms.

But you don't necessarily need to pay for this. For example, all the features I mentioned are available on Bitwarden Free.
100% agree. Lots of free versions work great. ✌️

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
A little off topic, but got this email from Dashlane today, choking down the free users one more time.

What does that mean?
Dashlane Free users in read-only mode will still be able to log in to their account, see their credentials, export their data, and upgrade their plan. While your data will remain secure and accessible, you will not be able to:​
  • Use Autofill for logins, emails, payment information, or IDs
  • Copy and paste credentials, including logins, emails, payment information, and IDs
  • Add and update credentials and information
  • See your Password Health score “

Even more proof that Dashlane is going by the way of the dodo bird. ✌️

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

LoneWolf.

Oct 30, 2021
I disagree that they are a waste of money, at least not for myself.
I had LastPass moved on from them to 1Password for quite a while now happy with Proton Pass Plus.
I find a good password manager is invaluable as is solid real time protection on my laptop as well as my Android.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.