Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Are there any extended trials? The only one I can find is for the supposed RTM but it say's it's the beta for 90 days. I don't mind buying a license once I've thoroughly tested the software they're really cheap on Amazon.

D

Deleted member 2913

No, it contains no patches on the UK website, but after the install it will update to patch (b)
I have already mentioned for both 2016 & 2017 I dont get patch e & b. Checked with update mention up to date. After system restart about & support mention same old version.

Is there any difference between KIS India installers i.e installers from Kaspersky India website & KIS Global/Other foreign countries i.e installers from Kaspersky Global or other countries US, UK, etc...?

Reactions: DardiM

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
D

Deleted member 2913

Here installers have until Patch d integrated: Index of /products/english/homeuser/kis2016/

Try to install KIS2016MR1 from USA Site, They usually update very soon (integrate patches) installers: Kaspersky Personal & Family Security Software but I guess patch E is quite new probably to be integrated...

The only difference is language localization... probably some differences in translations in GUI words/settings...
I also tried with installers from Kaspersky forum pinned thread for Kaspersky latest product download link i.e https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads
But no latest patch for me with update.

Is the patch distribution kinda country wise & may be India is towards the end in the list?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I don't know the schedule KL uses usually to deliver patches, it is only known that They deliver Them gradually during several days, and in this case Patch B delivering for K2017MR0 should finish tomorrow Friday (as a KL member said in KL forum).

I still don't have Patch B also in some of my systems, so be patient ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

I don't know the schedule KL uses usually to deliver patches, it is only known that They deliver Them gradually during several days, and in this case Patch B delivering for K2017MR0 should finish tomorrow Friday (as a KL member said in KL forum).
Ok, will try on Saturday & see...

D

Deleted member 2913

2016 version - Internet Explorer - Kaspersky Protection Extension has 2 add-on, Kaspersky Toolbar & Kaspersky Protection And there was no toolbar below address bar...that was good.

2017 version - I see now there appears a toolbar below address bar...not good.
If under manage add-on, I disable Kaspersky Toolbar add-on & keep enable Kaspersky Protection add-on then I see no change in KPE functions i.e I get ratings in Google search & Secure Keyboard Enabled popup in username, password fields in websites And no toolbar below address bar...I like it.

But I wonder if disabling only toolbar add-on only removes the toolbar below the address bar or limits some KPE functions too?

Reactions: DardiM
D

Deleted member 2913

Which operating system?.

IE in W10, disabling KToolBar only hides the button, but K2017 still process for example Private Browsing and I guess the rest of features...
Yes, IE in Win 10 64.
So safe to disable KToolbar add-on, right?

D

Deleted member 2913

It seems so...
I installed KIS 2017 just now.
Updating now...lets see if I get patch b...

And when I opened IE, got notification to enable KToolbar, I selected Dont Enable...When I checked manage add-on, Protection add-on was automatically enabled & Toolbar was disabled. So it does seems KToolbar is not required for protection.

UPDATE - Patch b installed

Attachments

• Patch b.png
    Patch b.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 438
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harlan4096

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
All working fine!!!! Only thing mouse scroll button won't scroll up or down through settings - anyone else with this issue, using Logitech MX Master?

P.S. also brought the VPN and the speed is excellent!

No problems here with a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I'd check your mouse settings.

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes, I reset the mouse settings and all now working. I keep getting this message: "both Windows firewall and Kaspersky firewall is disabled, but Kaspersky is all green and working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.