harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
What's the changelog for 21.3

Doesn't bring anymore email attachment issues does it. 😏

Also email attachments issue was already fixed, also 2 months ago K. released a guide to recover the emails:

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017

Also email attachments issue was already fixed, also 2 months ago K. released a guide to recover the emails:

Yeah I'd seen the guide. Thankfully, not many of mine were affected.

Was just wondering with another bump up in the release can we expect to see similar issues that have been 'missed' during the testing stages.

Auto updates are all well and good when things work well. That last revision bump brought issues for quite a large number of people.

Still think program updates should be opt out, rather than no choice at all

sona

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
I'm on patch A version 21.3.10.391.
I have installed KTS after about 6 months and seeing a lot of notifications regarding download blocked etc. etc. while visiting some websites . But i could not find any settings in the notifications area so that i can turn off all the notifications and make it really silent. I remember in the version 20.0.14.1085 inside the notification settings there was "notify about events" checkbox and turned it off always. Can somebody give any idea?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If Your language already has the online installer of K2021 21.3, just download it, run and install over previous version installed, You'll get the same situation as auto update, all Your custom settings will remain...

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
True that's why I use the registry edit on my Kaspersky machines. Waiting 15+ days for an update is too much.
I've had problem once with that registry key. I guess that it happened because I reverted registry key value after updating and this probably caused problems to KIS. I've used image restore to restore KIS installation without problems. Since then I prefer to wait for a while.

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Auto-updated this morning.

Prompted me to reboot, I did. Kaspersky didn't load on boot, wouldn't open, not in system tray.

Powered machine off, booted back up. Loaded as normal in the system tray, then asked me to view new features, accept terms etc. Weird.

It had also changed the Rename Email attachment scanning back to the default option. I've set this to disabled/off again.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JB007 and Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.