Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You don't have to wait... the answer is in this same thread:
But there is a good reason Kaspersky doesn't update everybody at once.
It's to spot possible bugs that escaped testing.
If such a bug is found not everybody is affected.
It's a wise thing to do.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Using VirtualBox + Windows 10 LTSC 1809, after manual update to this patch, protection can´t turn on.
No Kaspersky logo if you don't try to start manually, and then loops on starting protection.
Both Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and Kaspersky Total Security have same exact behaviour:
Even Windows Defender gives prompt to turn on virus protection, but no way.
This happened first on Security Cloud, and then tried setting up another VM with Total Security and after update, no way of Kaspersky to start... (Both on patch I ran with 0 issues)
If you try to turn on or update from Windows Security, nothing happens

Attachments

• PatchJ-Issue.png
    PatchJ-Issue.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 176
  • PatchJ-Issue-Windows-Security.png
    PatchJ-Issue-Windows-Security.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Reactions: toto_10

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Which version of Kaspersky 2019, 2020? using Patch J beta server or standard Kaspersky server to get updates?

Check system requirements for KSCloud 2020: System requirements for Kaspersky Security Cloud 20
Hi!!
I am using both latest versions downloaded from Kaspersky web like 3? Days ago.
I installed patch J following the exact same instructions as on first page here, this means I added that server u quoted.
However, I put that new server on top of Kaspersky "primary" default server. Maybe that was what it broke it?
Maybe I would try later on today setting up a new VM and not make the exact same steps I did previously...
About system requirements, they r running with over 10 GB disk free (with Kaspersky 2020 Patch I already installed), 5 cores and 6 GB RAM, so I don't really think that could be an issue :ROFLMAO:
Thanks and regards!

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This thread is announcing a beta version and those instructions were to test beta Patch J, once it has already released officially that source for beta server has to be changed, because it may cause issues, as already other user posted some days ago, so You have to back to standard server, and disable beta one...

Check post #14 of this thread: Update - Patch J for KAVKISKTSKFA 2020 / KS 3.0 / VPN 4.0 / KSOS 7.0 beta

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
This thread is announcing a beta version and those instructions were to test beta Patch J, once it has already released officially that source for beta server has to be changed, because it may cause issues, as already other user posted some days ago, so You have to back to standard server, and disable beta one...

Check post #14 of this thread: Update - Patch J for KAVKISKTSKFA 2020 / KS 3.0 / VPN 4.0 / KSOS 7.0 beta
Thank u for the info. I read the whole post, but I think I missed that one :sleep:
As soon as I try back, I will post about it. Guess I did it wrong, since I am mostly new to Kaspersky as I introduced in my welcome post.
However, I tried following this guide to roll back and didn't find the file install.cfg : How to roll back to the previous version of Kaspersky Internet Security and keep the application settings

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum I guess that link is not what You need :unsure:

If You have K2020 with patch J beta, You need to change Update beta version (Index of /ap2/) to standard server:

1586861223610.png

To do so just follow this:

1586861312543.png

Add 01.geo server, disable ap2 beta server, update once with 01.geo and then change to "Kaspersky update servers", disabling also 01.geo

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Hum I guess that link is not what You need :unsure:

If You have K2020 with patch J beta, You need to change Update beta version (Index of /ap2/) to standard server:

View attachment 237298

To do so just follow this:

View attachment 237299

Add 01.geo server, disable ap2 beta server, update once with 01.geo and then change to "Kaspersky update servers", disabling also 01.geo
Hi there!!
I already figured out what the issue was. I left active both the Kaspersky update servers and the ap2, then both sources mixed, making Kaspersky to stop working... o_O
I retried it on a new VM and found my problem: first attempt I did wrong (wrong pic), and this 2nd time I did it as I should (and now it works, right pic)
When I read set up the ap2, didn't guess I had to disable also the Kaspersky "normal" servers 😂😂
Hope this would help any other Kaspersky "newbie" haha 😊
Regards!!

Attachments

• Right-Way.PNG
    Right-Way.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Wrong-Way.PNG
    Wrong-Way.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 177

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Anyway You should stop using now beta ap2 server because Patch J is being released officially via Standard Servers ;)
Yeah, I noticed on my "current" desktop that I got Microsoft Edge extension and confirmed I had Patch J.
However, it was just that I was curious to know what caused the issue and how to fix it, since for Patch K I would make same errors hahaha.
Thank u!!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.