Advice Request PatchMyPC, brief question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Just to show off the speed for comparison: 6 secs to download and install XnView.
PMC can do it in the background as a task, I just like to know, what it is going on.

Attachments

• capture_02022021_230059.jpg
    capture_02022021_230059.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 179

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I now use none of these software updater applications.

Reactions: Kongo
G

Guilhermesene

I found this SUMo very interesting. In the paid version, does it automatically update the applications? Because if I'm not mistaken or I didn't know how to use the program correctly, when I clicked to update it sent me to download pages (i.e., the manual download process and not automatic).

Thanks comrades.

Reactions: harlan4096

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I found this SUMo very interesting. In the paid version, does it automatically update the applications? Because if I'm not mistaken or I didn't know how to use the program correctly, when I clicked to update it sent me to download pages (i.e., the manual download process and not automatic).

Thanks comrades.
No it doesn't update automatically. You have to fetch the update from the website itself.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thank you for your answer @SecureKongo. So what is the advantage of buying the program? I don't think I understand the difference between free and paid.
Unbenannt.PNG

i agree, not a real advantage to the free version, but I like the tools of the developers and as it's a one time payment I was happy to support them. I wish you could update the software from the program itself, it would make things so much easier. Maybe @Kyle_Katarn can do something about that in the future. :)

G

Guilhermesene

View attachment 261838

i agree, not a real advantage to the free version, but I like the tools of the developers and as it's a one time payment I was happy to support them. I wish you could update the software from the program itself, it would make things so much easier. Maybe @Kyle_Katarn can do something about that in the future. :)
Yes indeed if it had this functionality it would be very good. Again, thank you for clarifying my question.
I consulted the site and had not really understood the real advantage of having the paid product, but you helped me with this.

I agree with you and I also like to support developers :) even because I am one and I know how extremely complex it is to develop software.

Reactions: Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.