Paulevs PC Security Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulevs

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 22, 2017
Security has never been a problem for me because I don't download anything I shouldn't or go on websites that aren't legitimate. My computer problems consist of Windows updates breaking everything, like ever since the creators update VPN's don't work on my machine and the tech support cant figure it out and my usb devices that never had problems fail and turn off constantly.

Reactions: DeepWeb and BearHug

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest either Macrium reflector Aomei Backupper for backups and vreating system images. Both have a free and reliable version. ;)

Thanks for sharing your config with us. :)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for sharing :)

As @frogboy recommend, a good tool for creating system images can be the easy solution for many issues such as OS failures and deep malware infections.
Sometimes Windows Update can cause some problems, depending on OS configurations and installed apps, but also active security products may interfere with the correct execution of the updates.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement some type of system backup solution.
Real time protection is not an on demand option so consider adding an on demand scanner(s).
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere and Privacy Badger to Chrome.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
To consider:

- Add Macrium Reflect for auto backups
- Turn UAC to max
- Add HTTPS Everywhere to your browser
- Add Zemana as a true on demand scanner

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: FrFc1908

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
Hi, I suggest that you do the following things:
  • Add HTTPS Everywhere
  • Add some second-opinion scanners (on-demand scanners). I suggest Zemana Anti-Malware, HitmanPro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, or Malwarebytes.
  • Set UAC to Always Notify
  • Create System Image Backups.
  • Install Bitdefender's Security Extension for Chrome.
Thanks for sharing your config! :)

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I would recommend adding Zemana Anti-Malware Free or Malwarebytes free. But it is just a recommendation. :)

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.