Troubleshoot PC Became very slow on Boot Up after running PrivaZer

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Just the first time i used this software, ran it, now PC seems to be lot slower and very slow Boot time. What would be the answer for this, Restore? or Refresh? or Reset?
Waiting for best advices. Thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
During the first run wizard, did you choose Yes to Disable the Hibernation? I would suspect this causes Windows to boot slower, as the hibernation file and fast boot are eradicated.

In the Advanced Options, re-enable the computer to hibernate.
rPZlDoW.jpg

Image Source: Wilderssecurity #612

Check that Fast Startup is enabled in the Power Settings located:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings
Untitled.png

Also I didn't notice I told privazer to remove my hibernate system file. So everyone be careful because this also disables and removes fast boot. I put the hibernate file back in and re-enabled hibernate and my boot times are just as good if not faster than before.
Post Source: Wildersecurity #624

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d16

Apr 14, 2014
Did you create a restore point before running privazer? if yes u can restore it.. you have to carefully select the settings in privazer..

Upvote 0

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
Remember privazer will delete prefetch data depending on the settings. That in itself can cause slow downs until it builds up again.

You need to be careful with this one. It's good but you need to check the settings carefully.

Cheers

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
You probably deleted the prefetch files. A slow boot after doing this is normal. Reboot 2-3 more times and it should be fine. Look for a layout file in the prefetch folder. If it is there then Windows rebuilt the prefetch files.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Check if you checked the removal of pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys files. It should be removed only once (not everytime PC shuts down) and it will slow down shutdown and startup times but only once.
Capture1.JPG

If you checked the option to clean it at every shutdown, system will be slowed down every time you power on and power off your machine.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

Holysmoke

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I am a Privazer donator. I emailed them and asked why they have not updated for so long. They did not respond. I think this software has been abandoned.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I am a Privazer donator. I emailed them and asked why they have not updated for so long. They did not respond. I think this software has been abandoned.
It's too early to say it has been abandoned. I had sent the suggestions about some improvements and support sometimes responded after 1 day and sometimes after 3 weeks...

Upvote 0

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
From Wilders only 5 days ago from the Privazer Team

Hello guys,

1. Teracopy cleanup will be improved
2. We will improve PrivaZer usability when deleting internet traces, maybe a shortcut on desktop would be great as you suggested.
3. To test PrivaZer against Encase, do not forget to delete also system snapshots and restore points

Thanks to share your suggestions... That helps us to improve

Chris

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Problem occurs. My Explorer Restarts several times automatically during my usage. Any Idea to resolve this?

Upvote 0

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Download Ashampoo WinOptimizer 11 and pass it to see if it can be optimized.
I ami step is the same and had a 360safe.exe virus and be in the record of this program detects it and tells him that he can not remove.

What Antivirus you friend?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Holysmoke

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
From Wilders only 5 days ago from the Privazer Team

Hello guys,

1. Teracopy cleanup will be improved
2. We will improve PrivaZer usability when deleting internet traces, maybe a shortcut on desktop would be great as you suggested.
3. To test PrivaZer against Encase, do not forget to delete also system snapshots and restore points

Thanks to share your suggestions... That helps us to improve

Chris

Encase would make Privazer look like emptying the windows trash can

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.