PC is now running like trash after using Adwcleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jertob

Thread author
Apr 6, 2020
I was having a browser hijack issue in Chrome and ran Malwarebytes which didn't fix the issue, and then ran Adwcleaner, rebooted, and the system is now running like absolute trash and taking 5 minutes to load all of the startup programs which typically took under a minute. I am having lag when moving my mouse, the taskbar at the bottom of the screen is taking 15 seconds to appear when I place my mouse down there. I just clicked the icon to open up an Explorer window and it took about 20 seconds for the window to appear and then about another 10 seconds for the window to actually populate with icons. What in the world happened? I saw someone had the same problem recently after running that program and it was recommended they download FRST and run the fix text file which I did and this is what is still happening

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please post the Frst.txt and Addition.txt logs the were created when you executed the FRST tool.
I will review them an advise.

jertob

Thread author
Apr 6, 2020
Hi thank you for the help

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    153.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Addition.txt
    67.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: upnorth

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Your logs are clean of malware.

This fix will reset and check some operating systems settings.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt.

If the problem persists and if available can you attach the AdwCleaner logs that shows what was removed/cleaned.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    398 bytes · Views: 6
Reactions: Deletedmessiah
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.