Troubleshoot PC issue after using dBug. Can you help?

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
Hello guys..i need some help from u guys here in this forums...please help me out..i was downloaded the "dbug" from majorgeeks last nite...after i installed and run the "dbug" it's automatic reboot my computer...after the computer turn it back on...it's deleted all all the apps that i can not open it ! when i opended all the apps it's said " your system administrator has blocked this program..for more information contact your administrator " and ( i can't download anything from the web browser also ) can u guys know is there any chance to help me to fix all the problems ? please help me out guys...and sorry abt my English not too good :)) thanks and u guys have a good day..stay safe :)) :) ( the only app that i can open is Microsoft Edge :) how lucky i am ;)) !

Last edited:

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @newcomer
I just looked at the description page for "dbug" on the majorgeeks site that you downloaded it from...
It says..
"When malware has taken over Windows, run dBug.exe as many times as it takes for it to restart Windows. Once Windows begins a restart, you know that dBug has done its job.
Once Windows has restarted, the malware should not be running and you have the opportunity to use removal tools and processes. Locate and remove the malware.
With the malware removed, run dBug_Undo.cmd in order to undo the changes made by dBug.exe so other legitimate applications have the opportunity to function normally."

So It may be best to run "dBug_Undo.cmd"

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Could be the way the Malware is coded (to prevent the running of that tool) thats stopping it's execution.
Read the rules and Post here --> Malware Removal Assistance
@TwinHeadedEagle is our resident expert and may be able to help you.
Welcome, and while your here, why not share your config with the community.

Upvote 0

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
Could be the way the Malware is coded (to prevent the running of that tool) thats stopping it's execution.
Read the rules and Post here --> Malware Removal Assistance
@TwinHeadedEagle is our resident expert and may be able to help you.
Welcome, and while your here, why not share your config with the community.
oh ok thanks buddy...I will contact with him soon. honestly I dunno how to post the security config to the forums..can u show me how to do it please because I am new in here :)

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Upvote 0

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello Logethica...thanks for ur advice...! I tried so many times to open the "dbug" to undo.cmd but when I try to open it..it said " your sytem administrator has blocked this program" how sad ;(..right now I can't open any app..all the apps are dead :( but thanks anyway for ur help Logethica..I really appreciate it !:)!
You are welcome @newcomer ...:) I am sorry that it did not help.:(
@_CyberGhosT_ will point you in the right direction though:)

Upvote 0

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
@newcomer: Sometimes an infection on the computer may provide some side effects even manage to kill it; the error pertains on administrator access can be fix within 3 solutions.

Follow this link
Thanks James..i already followed the link that u gave me above....but the problems still havn't made ( or maybe I dunno how to do like the way they tell me in the link ) but thanks anyway sir :)

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

If nothing works you can try a restore point made before of this problem but you consider that a possible malware may have infected the restore points.

"If you want to return to a Restore Point, open the System Properties dialog box again, click the System Protection tab and then click the System Restore… button. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the desired Restore Point when prompted."

PS: you can run the system restore also in safe mode, if you have some problem in normal mode.

Read more: Windows 10 problems? Discover how System Restore can help

I do hope this can help you:)

Upvote 0

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
If nothing works you can try a restore point made before of this problem but you consider that a possible malware may have infected the restore points.

"If you want to return to a Restore Point, open the System Properties dialog box again, click the System Protection tab and then click the System Restore… button. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the desired Restore Point when prompted."

PS: you can run the system restore also in safe mode, if you have some problem in normal mode.

Read more: Windows 10 problems? Discover how System Restore can help

I do hope this can help you:)
Hello Klipsh...Thanks brother...I did try all the step that u gave above today...but it's still won't work..but I have a question, when I click on " create a restore point " what should I type in the box to create restore point ?

Upvote 0

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
Hello Klipsh...Thanks brother...I did try all the step that u gave above today...but it's still won't work..but I have a question, when I click on " create a restore point " what should I type in the box to create restore point ?
because when I click on create a restore point. it's show me the box and say " Type a description to help u identify the restore point. The current date and time are added automatically " please help me out brother if you don't mind, thanks a lot:)

Upvote 0

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
:)
Simply type the name of your new restore point, as you want.:)

PS: if you have a working system image you can try to restore the OS
hey hello Klipsh..sorry abt to bother u...but like I said..i want to make some restore point to go back to windows 8.1..then I will reinstall windows 10 back...but when i go to setting reset and reinstall windows 10..after they done...they said " No changes were made " taht's why i asked u to help me out to make some restore point to go back windows 8.1. thanks for ur time to help me out Klipsh

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
:)
hey hello Klipsh..sorry abt to bother u...but like I said..i want to make some restore point to go back to windows 8.1..then I will reinstall windows 10 back...but when i go to setting reset and reinstall windows 10..after they done...they said " No changes were made " taht's why i asked u to help me out to make some restore point to go back windows 8.1. thanks for ur time to help me out Klipsh
Hi @newcomer ...
Please forgive me if I misunderstand you,but..
Are you trying to make a NEW restore point now that takes you back to when you ran Windows 8.1?..because I do not think this is possible (Please correct me if I am wrong fellow MT members)..
Making a NEW restore point now will mean that you can return to the date and time that you "created" the restore point.
Now that you have Windows 10 Home ,I think that you can only return to system restore points that were created after you installed it..

Upvote 0

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
Hi @newcomer ...
Please forgive me if I misunderstand you,but..
Are you trying to make a NEW restore point now that takes you back to when you ran Windows 8.1?..because I do not think this is possible (Please correct me if I am wrong fellow MT members)..
Making a NEW restore point now will mean that you can return to the date and time that you "created" the restore point.
Now that you have Windows 10 Home ,I think that you can only return to system restore points that were created after you installed it..
it's ok now...I just bought a new laptop..and I gave the old one to my friend...Thanks Logethica....I really appreciate alot that u try to help me here :) and u have a nice weekend !

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
it's ok now...I just bought a new laptop..and I gave the old one to my friend...Thanks Logethica....I really appreciate alot that u try to help me here :) and u have a nice weekend !
Thank you very much,my friend...and I hope that you have a great weekend too:)

Reactions: newcomer
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.