Pc-Matic from PcPitstop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lin

Level 8
Thread author
Aug 6, 2012
hello

has anyone tryed Pc-Matic Home Security from PCPitstop it is free for home use and seems
to have a anti.exe of some kind with white and black listing

i tryed it in a VM of Win Xp Home SP3 all up to date on Virtualbox with a malware pack i got
from here (8-6-2013 399 files) it did not see them with a scan but when i opened the folder
it blocked them from running

it did not have a right click scan and security center did not see it as my AV but it seemed
light from what i could tell

could someone with more exp.than me with testing give it a try and say what thay think of it

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/pcmatic_homesecurity.asp

thanks

James

:)

edit for forgot link

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For the most part PcPitstop's products fall under grayware. In the past they made scareware and other junk products listed as freeware that were basically adverts for their product products with limited functions.

I most certainly wouldn't trust their products or install them to my system.

I used to love their online performance scan and still have an account with them, but then they started turning to the dark side with junkware and their website got over-run by rogue ads.

You can still access their old website here and scan your system online without having to install their products. (requires IE active x controls).

Their old website is basically hidden for some reason. Your are most likely to arrive at their new website- http://www.pcpitstop.com/ full of junkware products and no mention of the free online scan page.

Enjoy!! :D

jim lin

Level 8
Thread author
Aug 6, 2012
hello littlebits

i used to use there tools also years ago it was the first forum i joined and
learned alot there

some of the same people are still there also i was just lurking around there
and seen it was free so i tryed it and yes there is junk in there program
trying to sell something

and no i would not use there stuff i was just wondering about it because of the
Anti.exe in it and i like checking out security stuff

thanks so very much for the input your knowledge is always helpfull

:)

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.