Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
PC Tools 2014 It's not going to happen???
Is this is real?: http://blog.anti-virus4u.com/2013/04/waiting-for-new-pc-tools-security-2014.html
If this is true someone can explain to me why?
I'm still with the Internet security on my 2 PC's

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No more development for PC Tools Security Product. (Nor 2014 or so)

It means no updates, nor anything after the deadline cutoff. They will maintain only the cleaning utilties and advised to use Norton Products instead.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Dima007 said:
PC Tools 2014 It's not going to happen???
Is this is real? : hxxp://blog.anti-virus4u.com/2013/04/waiting-for-new-pc-tools-security-2014.html
If this is true someone can explain to me why?
I'm still with the Internet security on my 2 PC's

Yes, PC Tools will not launch a 2014 version, you can find more answers to any question that you may have, here: http://www.pctools.com/kb/category/retirement-of-the-pc-tools-security-portfolio/
Nevertheless, I would not have advised you to upgrade to the 2014 of PC Tools anyway, because once Symantec bought this company, they have focused on anything else but actually improving the PC Tools products.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Symantec has owned PC Tools since 2008, it's time has come and the PC Tools-range will be retired.

Consequently, they'll want you to upgrade/switch to Norton 2013.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Thanks for the help, bitdefender is recommended solution for PC?

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
Bitdefender is good. That is just 3 people out of the millions of people who use it. If you are a comcast user. you do get norton security free for no extra cost. Norton is a good product. I use comodo and find it to be excellent. I like it because it's HIPS does give control to what changes are made in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.