PC Tools Releases New Malware Removal Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Two new malware removal tools by PC Tools just appeared on Softpedia today.

PC Tools Threat Removal Tool 2012

PC-Tools-Threat-Removal-Tool_1.png

Fight back against malware.
PC Tools Threat Removal Tool is a handy and reliable utility designed to scan your computer for threats and remove them.

This Threat Removal Tool is designed to fight malicious code that has been known to prevent PC Tools' antivirus software from being installed. It performs a quick system scan in order to identify and neutralize the most common malware families that block, prevent, or terminate PC Tools' security software installers.

To ensure that the malware is completely eliminated, PC Tools Threat Removal Tool deletes the infected files and the registry values added by malware.

Requirements:

· Administrative rights
· If you are running Windows Me/XP, turn off System Restore.

Download

PC Tools ISO Burner 2012 1.0

PC-Tools-ISO-Burner_1.png

Get the ability to access and delete persistent malware.
Safely remove malware from your computer with PC Tools ISO Burner. This is an advanced bootable antivirus tool that provides users with the ability to access and delete persistent malware.

When malware infects a computer, it gains control of many components that are key to the system's operations, making it very difficult to remove. Malware can use some of these system components to hide itself and prevent other software from detecting and removing it.

If you can't install or run a security application in the first place, then how are you supposed to detect and remove the malware?

The short answer is that you would have to shut down the operating system in order to remove the malware. And that' s where PC Tools ISO Burner comes in. It's a bootable antivirus and antispyware software that can scan your computer and run security programs when your PC won' t boot into your operating system properly.

Download

Enjoy!! :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Ok what files are in the zip when you download it?
All I get is pcttFixTool.dll, no exe???

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
MRF71 said:

I just reported this to Softpedia, so it should be fixed soon.

Thanks.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
It looks like PC Tools Threat Removal Tool 2012 is no longer available.

http://www.pctools.com/labs/ has a complete list of free tools and Threat Removal Tool 2012 is not listed, unless its name has been changed. They have Threat Expert scanner, ThreatExpert Memory Scanner, Startup Explorer, Browser Explorer, Patch Scanner, Download Guard and Mebroot Fixtool. Check out some of their new tools.

Download Guard sounds interesting.

V

Vextor

PC Tools have done it again. I would stay away from their products, even though their owned by Symantec. I personally have never liked their products.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Littlebits said:
MRF71 said:

I just reported this to Softpedia, so it should be fixed soon.

Oh cool, yw and ty :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
The main program I love from pc tools is the firewall plus, it works great right out of the box and is very simple as far as configuing goes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bit late now, but it downloads correctly.

It has the new 2012 GUI, scans in less than 5 seconds and doesn't force PC Tools Internet Security in your face, if PC is clean. Clicking OK closes the program.

Not tested on Infected PC.

Although portable, it will drop files in the Roaming and Prefetch folders:

Code:
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\PCTools
C:\Windows\Prefetch\PCTTFIXTOOL.EXE-11F86E86.pf

hvtfS.png

EnLMq.png

IAZQa.png

PAOuW.png

xgPSx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.