Solved PC won't boot into OS with the OS installed on SSD connected to the motherboard

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
PC won't boot into OS with the OS installed on SSD connected to the motherboard
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
check the bios.
I have 3 hard drives connected to my PC, but if I try to boot into the OS with the OS installed on SSD only without the other 2 hard drives, my PC refused to boot into Windows until I plug in other 2 hard drives which is a typical hard disk drive not SSD. My SSD has AHCI mode enable as well. The Sata cable that connected with the OS installed on SSD plugged into Sata cable 1 port on my motherboard. So if my two hard disk drives die, I won't be able to boot into the OS with the OS installed on SSD. Please help guys. I don't know what to do.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Yes, but by 350MB. You can follow the steps from the article above. Please backup important data if you are unfamiliar with partitioning.

Note : It's a lot easier and safer to manipulate partitions from outside of Windows. I use Minitool Partition Wizard Boot CD, version 9.

I can't type any number on Resize Partition tab, and I get the error at the end. Help please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    62 KB · Views: 301
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 285
Reactions: vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Thank you BoraMurdar for helping me out. Now my PC can boot into the OS fine without the other 2 hard disk drives connected. Here are the pictures of it. Everything looking good right guys?

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
There is a lesson to be learned here. When you install a operating system, only attach ONE DRIVE.

Then when you are all done installing the OS, attach the other drives, as they are probably for data anyway.

I believe I did that and that's how my Hard Drive Number 2 got the OS system partition drive in it.

Upvote 0

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
SamTingWong, when you install an operating system, don't attach any extra drives, only your main SSD, I hope this translates better for you?

Reactions: SumTingWong
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Did I bomb my PC?! On MSInfo32 windows display my BIOS Mode Legacy and Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    477.7 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.