PCHunter (XueTr) anti-rootkit new version

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
PCHunter (XueTr) anti-rootkit & antivirus on-demand 32 / 64 bit free new version - topic ..

.. and the GUI is much bigger than in the XueTr version - cool!

.. what is in English 'straight wicked', please?..

Last edited:

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
.. what is in English 'straight wicked', please?..

Straight wicked = off-the-hook = knarley = awesome = rockin' = radical = cutting edge = sick = fat = raw = mad squabbles = amazingly effective = top notch = the bomb = all that and a bag of chips = goin' on like donkey kong, etc.

Go to OTHER > FIREWALL RULE and you may find a few things that you don't need to have running. Make sure you use a good process explorer guide before hacking away.

Naughty

Feb 22, 2013
Author repair detection in czech MBR under WinXP, where the previous versions show "unknow".

negatives :-(

values netsvc uder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost
key mountpoints HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2
poor detection malware know as Rloader.a at acpi.sys

I also informed the author of the sample and examples. :)

PC Hunter is a very successful program, I really like using it. :heart:

for Prorootect: I am honored to write here. :)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Naughty, you wrote that author (linxer) will repair the detection in check MBR under Windows XP - because this new version show always this same to me here : 'Unknow MBR' .. (in good English rather: Unknown MBR) .. so we attend quietly ..

Thank you very much Naughty ..

Last edited:

Naughty

Feb 22, 2013
Two text files can be found in the attached which they were created. I believe that Daniel did not take into account the national mutation (error messages string) in the sequence MBR code, but as I said this is my assumption.

Yes I wrote the author about other ideas and problems. And to answer any emails I have kept.

Attachments

• diffrent.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 412

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Two text files can be found in the attached which they were created. I believe that Daniel did not take into account the national mutation (error messages string) in the sequence MBR code, but as I said this is my assumption.

Yes I wrote the author about other ideas and problems. And to answer any emails I have kept.

Good to know. Good lookin' out.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you,

NEW VERSION now is PCHunter Free v1.2 - I downloaded from linxer's website, download link on his site is called: Download free version 2: Local Download (md5: 517E956C33DE53BC41EFE34824BB8F5F)

- added in the first topic post (and changelog too).

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Gnosis said:
Seems that it is 64 bit only. I cannot get it to work on my PC and it specifies 64bit OS.

The unzipped folder contains two exe's.

PCHunter32.exe and PCHunter64.exe

You must run the appropriate exe for your system.

Enjoy!!:D

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
PCHunter 64-bit version works like a charm, I used today in Windows 7 64-bit.

Last edited:

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Get the latest version and go to the "about" tab. Look over to the right and there will be a couple of links that should get you to the Pro Version purchase page.
Make sure that you have a solid translator because the site is in Chinese, or some such far-East regional text.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
PCHunter_pro.zip : download links here on epoolsoft.com - in Google English translation (this same link you have in the first topic's post) : http://translate.google.bs/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&u=http://bbs.epoolsoft.com/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D36%26extra%3Dpage%253D1

- click on local download a link, or local download 2 link.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
.. or too pro version this same PCHunter_pro.zip : download link: local download (md5: C5F65F1E139B863D07E118592EB4C2EE) : on linxer home page (too you have this same link in the first topic's post ..) in Google English translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.xuetr.com/

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
NEW version v1.3 (6.51 MB PCHunter32.exe on my Windows 32 bit) of PCHunter is born.

Download links in the first topic' Post, please.

Changelog from Readme.txt:

2013-10-06 V1.3:
*Support Win8.1

PS.
Transfer rate (download) is much better by the linxer's website, than by epoolsoft website .. then ..

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
PCHunter (XueTr) anti-rootkit & antivirus on-demand 32 / 64 bit free new version - topic ..

Latest version: v1.3 ..
The previous version 1.2 works much faster on my Windows XP (eg. after click on Kernel Module, Startup Info, Other tab), no slowdown.
So for now I keep this precedent version 1.2 ..

The link to download version 1.2 you have in the Comments about this new version (comment no. 48, Written by admin on 2013-10-07 at 19:30), on the linxer's developer website xuetr.com: http://www.xuetr.com/?p=191&cpage=1#comments - this download link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1vHker

Without translating the link through Google Translate, download link works well, but it's extremely difficult (for me!) to found the true download link! --- click on the next button (this white, with the (5.59M) inscription) after blue button at the right of inscription: PCHunter_free V1.2.zip at the top of the Chinese page .. then click on the white button in little window, and the PCHunter folder is created finally! .. uh oh uh

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.