PCHunter (XueTr) anti-rootkit new version

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Latest PCHunter version is: v1.31 2013-10-22 Build.
On the linxer's website, this version is called V1.31 version.

PCHunter32.exe version: 1.0.0.3 , 2013-10-22 Build .
PCHunter64.exe version: idem.

Local download: md5: 9DF7EE2BA4CDBAF662607CC45E4BAD1B

Download links in the first topic's post, please.

In this version, on Ring0 Hooks tab, you have the new tab called: I8042prt
Computer Examination tab changed its name to: Examination.
Load of the 'Kernel Module' tab is still slow, compared to version 1.2. Other tabs loads quickly.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Moose said:
Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware and Eset/Nod32 always detect PCHunter as Malware wondering why?

I had help parent about ramsomware last generation of Portuguese Police (Criminal Investigation Department) and it was enough for me just remove it with Kaspersky recue Disk 10.
All safes mode was infected with this virus and I buy a dvd copy program for another pc.
Before, I go to the BIOS and set boot dvd because all safe mode was infected .
Then, I go to the BIOS and configure dvd boot.
Finnaly the CD with KAS Rescue Disk 10 detected and deleted all malware and this hard Ramsomware.
Great

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Not many people know about PCHunter. That is probably why it is detected as malware. That, and because it is a very powerful peering tool, to see what is going on in your system.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Gnosis said:
Not many people know about PCHunter. That is probably why it is detected as malware. That, and because it is a very powerful peering tool, to see what is going on in your system.

It's a paid tool!
Allows you to install the program then analyzes your machine, then counts how many malware exists and then we have to pay upfront to solve our problems.
PC Hunter has no good faith.
KAS gives and solve!

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I like PCHunter because if you have malicious things going on that anti-malware scanners are not finding, you can know they are there instead of being in the dark. It is also the best process killer that I have ever used. If there is anything going on in your system that you do not approve of, PCHunter allows you to terminate/delete it with ease. Everyone should have PCHunter for checking "Ring 0" hooks, if nothing else.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Moose said:
Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware and Eset/Nod32 always detect PCHunter as Malware wondering why?

Linxer, the developer of PCHunter, should contact AV companies as well, these are (if are) FPs, sure. Look at Earth' response above ..
PCHunter is safe, of course.

--------------------------
@cdnsempre,
Your post #44 - it has nothing to do with the subject of this topic, PCHunter, sorry.
Create another topic about your experience you described in post #44 if you wish, thank you.
This topic is about FREE version of PCHunter.

Personally, I consider PCHunter FREE version as 'must have' software for everyone who is seriously interested in the technical side of his PC, security.
I check my Windows with PCHunter daily.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
FYI: If anyone cannot understand that PCHunter is cutting edge, they have issues. This is great software.
Furthermore, Chinese exports to my country burns my blood. That said, PCHunter is the bomb, and the only Chinese software allowed on my PC.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I have learn a lot by questioning different things. This way someone else can share their insight and knowledge and help me in the process. With that said, I am putting PCHunter (XueTr) anti-rootkit in my tool box. Please, keep me up to date on different things happening with PCHunter (XueTr) anti-rootkit.
Thanks!

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
NEW version of our beloved PCHunter: December 10, 2013 released version V1.32 !

On the Linxer's website: Standard version Download Address 2: Local Download (md5: 04E3AFBF476CE9C0842B724705899E0D)
Kernel Module tab starts for a very long time (of some seconds) .. so I stick with v1.2.

I unnnotched: Auto Check Updates.

Readme:
nothing writed for this new version ..

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
NEW VERSION now is PCHunter Free version V1.0.0.4 - V1.35 : October 22, 2014 Build.
- I downloaded from linxer's website, download link on his site is called:

The standard version October 22, 2014 release V1.35 version.
Standard version Download: local download (md5: 1D171FB3576A08DF32DD8CBF90004BA1)
Where PCHunter32.exe is 32 version, PCHunter64.exe are 64 version.

PCHunter32.exe: 6.54 MB
PCHunter64.exe: 8.91 MB

Changelog: Fixed a bug in x86 Win8.1 ..

I repeat: ancient version v1.2 (I have too, hopefully!) is faster a lot, to me! - read my precedent posts, please ..

danielsz

Oct 25, 2014
why powertool x64 bit running perfect on vista 64 bit with patchguard and pchunter give "load driver error" its dont make sense

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.