pCloud - File Security Made Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnbp16

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 26, 2015
What do you think about pCloud? Is it safer than others as it is advertised?

Code:
https://www.pcloud.com/free-online-cloud-file-storage.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kev216 and DJ Panda

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
It's up to you; if you don't think it is safe, there are also a lot of alternatives:

• Copy
  • Shoebox
  • CM Backup
  • Yandex.Disk
  • MEGA
  • MediaFire
  • etc...
Copy is dead...
Copy and CudaDrive services will be discontinued.
We are announcing today that the Copy and CudaDrive services will be discontinued on May 1, 2016.

Copy and CudaDrive have provided easy-to-use cloud file services and sharing functionality to millions of users the past 4+ years. However, as our business focus has shifted, we had to make the difficult decision to discontinue the Copy and CudaDrive services and allocate those resources elsewhere. For more information on this decision, please view the blog post from Rod Mathews our VP & GM, Storage Business.

We know this comes as disappointing news to our users, but rest assured that we will do everything we can to take care of each of you in the manner for which Barracuda is known. We have partnered with Mover to make migrating your data to another service as easy as possible and have created astep by step guide that walks you through the process of moving your data to a local hard drive or another cloud storage solution.

If you are on a paid subscription for either Copy or CudaDrive, please keep an eye out in the coming days for an email with more detailed information on your options. For additional information, please visit our FAQ page.

Thank you to everyone for your support.

All the best,
The Copy & CudaDrive Team
Sync, protect, and share your files - A simple cloud solution to manage business and personal storage.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I use the free version of Pcloud for several months now. So far I don't have much issues with it. Speaking of security, they claim on their website that they are really safe and that you always can try to break into their servers, but they say that till now nobody was able to do it. Probably this is also a little bit of an advertisement talk, but it seems quite safe from my perspective.
You can get 10 gb for free and if you install the desktop client, which is neat and light, you get 1gb extra. There was also a promotion in a thread here on the forum that you can get 50 gb for free, but that one has expired.
They have a mobile client too, which is quite simple and easy to use, but I have seen better ones.
The download and upload speeds are also very good (but depends of course on the quality of your internet connection).
One other good thing about this cloud provider is that you can view your files on their website. If you log in with your browser (and also the mobile app) you can listen to your music and watch videos in their player and view pdf and other files directly in your browser, without the need to download them first. That is something not every cloud service offers (the less known ones for example).
Overall a good service and 10 gb of free space is always welcome. It's a service that is slighty becoming more popular. Sure worth a try.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I use the free version of Pcloud for several months now. So far I don't have much issues with it. Speaking of security, they claim on their website that they are really safe and that you always can try to break into their servers, but they say that till now nobody was able to do it. Probably this is also a little bit of an advertisement talk, but it seems quite safe from my perspective.
You can get 10 gb for free and if you install the desktop client, which is neat and light, you get 1gb extra. There was also a promotion in a thread here on the forum that you can get 50 gb for free, but that one has expired.
They have a mobile client too, which is quite simple and easy to use, but I have seen better ones.
The download and upload speeds are also very good (but depends of course on the quality of your internet connection).
One other good thing about this cloud provider is that you can view your files on their website. If you log in with your browser (and also the mobile app) you can listen to your music and watch videos in their player and view pdf and other files directly in your browser, without the need to download them first. That is something not every cloud service offers (the less known ones for example).
Overall a good service and 10 gb of free space is always welcome. It's a service that is slighty becoming more popular. Sure worth a try.
I second that.
Also, there are some other features like zipping and unzipping of files and remote file transfer. I have also been liking it. Even large file transfers are also good. I have uploaded 3 Gb+ file remotely without any problem. But as I always say I never put sensitive files on a cloud, what ever any cloud claims.

Reactions: kev216 and Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.