Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello! This is Pearl96 config.

To be honest I don't remember when was the last time my computer got infected; not because my security config is the most decnet, but because I know which link to vist and what files to download.

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Never test malware on your host PC! Always use a virtual machine.
Everything else looks great, just try to back up the system at least monthly and replace Malwarebytes with Zemana and Hitmanpro (far better detection with many engines).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aragornnnn

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Nice config. You can add https everywhere and ublock origin. Also consider adding ZAL with real time and you are good to go :)

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

I agree. Replace Adblock PLus with Ublock Origin (much lighter, tracking, phishing, and malware protection as well, and no whitelisted ads). Ad Avira Browser Safety and Https Everywhere. No malicious website has gotten through Avira Browser Safety yet (for now).

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Never test malware on your host PC! Always use a virtual machine.
Everything else looks great, just try to back up the system at least monthly and replace Malwarebytes with Zemana and Hitmanpro (far better detection with many engines).

I have changed to Avira as Trend is too heavy on system resources! Don't worry I will start testing Malware using a virtual machine.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Nice config. You can add https everywhere and ublock origin. Also consider adding ZAL with real time and you are good to go :)

Once I get to my laptop I will install them. Thank you for your advice

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I agree. Replace Adblock PLus with Ublock Origin (much lighter, tracking, phishing, and malware protection as well, and no whitelisted ads). Ad Avira Browser Safety and Https Everywhere. No malicious website has gotten through Avira Browser Safety yet (for now).

Thank you very much! I have started using Avira and their Scout browser and I am quite happy with it. What about adguard? I use the pro version on my iPhone.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
You are at risk for testing malware on your host PC.Testing malware should be done in a Virtual Enviroment ONLY!
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s)
Consider replacing Adblock + with uBlock Origin
Consider some type of system & data backup solution.
Thanks for sharing your config!

Hello! Is Ashampoo Backup good? I have received an email from ashampoo recomminding this program.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hi! Thank you all for your kind and useful suggestions. Love you all!
I have replaced Avira with Emsisoft and I really like it. Moreover, I have started using Zemana Anti Malware (I have recently bought a three-year subscription) and I have replaced Adblock plus with Ublock Origin.
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.