PEllis' Security for Windows PC

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Updated. Now running Windows 8.1. My license for Ashampoo Backup Pro 10 is invalid so I'm currently deciding on another backup solution.
Contact Ashampoo explaining how you upgraded your OS and invalidated the licence. They should be able to assist you.

P

PEllis

Thread author
Windows 8.1 was apparently not activated and was already being used, so I moved all of my software to my main desktop PC, which this configuration is now for. I ended up installing Ubuntu on my laptop because it was free (my first Linux OS).

Contact Ashampoo explaining how you upgraded your OS and invalidated the licence. They should be able to assist you.
I contacted Ashampoo and they were able to make my license valid again.

Reactions: Andytay70 and Ink
P

PEllis

Thread author
I've added my configuration for Linux below my Windows one.

Reactions: Ink
P

PEllis

Thread author
What's your verdict on their software for on-demand use?
I'm only using it on-demand because I'm using my 30 day trial for IMF Pro, which has similar security features to prevent system modifications and I don't want them to conflict.

To answer your question, I don't have a verdict, as I'm just using it as a scanner and it doesn't find anything (because I never get infected). However, I've had some false positives with certain browser extensions, such as uBlock Origin and Disconnect.

Also, why is my configuration no longer labelled secure?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Take Caution with your current selection of Real-time and On-demand security. IMG Pro uses Bitdefender engine?

Did you Report the FP to the developers?

P

PEllis

Thread author
Take Caution with your current selection of Real-time and On-demand security. IMG Pro uses Bitdefender engine?

Did you Report the FP to the developers?
IMF Pro uses Bitdefender. I could create a ticket and let them know of the false positives via SpyHunter's Spyware HelpDesk.

Reactions: Ink
P

PEllis

Thread author
I went back to Windows 10 on my laptop. I just prefer Windows over Linux. So this configuration is for my laptop again. So far I'm liking Total Defense. It has fast on-demand scanning and no false positives yet. Uses Bitdefender too.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.