Persistent adware on Google Chrome, unable to remove.

NancyDalley

New Member
I'm using a very old laptop that previously was infested with toolbars, adware and extensions from previous owner. I cleaned it up as best as I could and reinstalled OS and it has been running okay (but slowly) since then. This seems to be the result of installing and trying out different free screen recording software, I have uninstalled all but one as I planned to purchase full version. I have a nasty bit of Adware on Google Chrome, I have tried every step from your articles, including resetting Chrome, uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling. There is nothing in Chrome extensions. Nothing has worked. I don't think it is affecting IE. I keep getting new tabs open for random things when I click anywhere on any website I'm using in Chrome. Please help? Thank you.
 

Attachments

Hello,

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.


Any change after the fix?
 

Attachments

Hi TwinHeadedEagle, strangely none of the processes I tried worked but then I uninstalled and reinstalled AVG and then all of a sudden I stopped getting the ad pop ups. Would you still like me to run through these steps with you?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top