Persistent Virus/Malware (SysWOW64 and RuntimeBroker.exe)

thanatos_5

Thread author
Apr 5, 2016
Hi,

I recently noticed symptoms of a malware/virus infection. Some .exe files stopped working (e.g. Spotify and Malwarebytes) and their icons disappeared for no reason. I tried to install antivirus software such as Malwarebytes but failed as I got errors during installation. I now have issues installing and uninstalling some software (especially antivirus software). I did a bit of research and followed some instructions from various sources and it seems that the process that may be causing these symptoms is RuntimeBroker.exe. I tried to end the process but several instances of the same process are running at once, and they seem to be restarting every time I end the process. Could anyone please help me resolve this issue? I have attached some scan logs to this post and I hope they'll be of use.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Addition.txt
    66.3 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    47.1 KB · Views: 1

thanatos_5

Thread author
Apr 5, 2016
Nevermind, I ran HitmanPro again and it seems like RuntimeBroker.exe is no longer running. I ran RKill and there were no issues at all. I also seem to be able to install and uninstall software again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.