PFW no firewall logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
Hello,

Last week I got fed up with the rules of Comodo firewall HIPS magic trick of disappearing and then later on it would show up and then again the magic trick so I imaged my Win 7 system and installed Privatefirewall ver7. It's been a while for me on checking out a security application as I was busy with work etc. I have used PFW for a time in the last days 2011 before my full migration to Win 7.

I paired PFW with EAM ver11 alongside MBAE Premium and NVT-ERP as realtime protection. I have MBAM Premium, HMP free as on-demand. This is on a Win 7 x64 desktop. Part of 3-boot setup.

I did not turn-on training as I created the rules from scratch (took sometime to finish it also as the GUI is still well ugly). Anyway after I have configured it I ran all my programs especially the one's I use for Office work etc. Threw some pop-ups but now the pop-ups are gone and it felt like the good o'l days with XP. One thing I do not remember is that I have no "fireweall logs". It's blank. That I could not understand why. The Advanced Reports only shows the last part which is "Process Detected for - Last 1 Hour / Last 1 Day / LAst 1 Week. All the rest of the "tabs" are blank as well. Privatefirewall is running when I checked and even the"Find Handles/DLLs" in KillSwitch shows that it is running (both pfsvc.exe and PFGUI.exe).

Firewall ON-Filter Traffic
Internet Security is set to "High"
Network Security "High"
Process Monitor "Medium"
Firewall Log --from Medium set to "High"

Kindly see the screenshots of the PFW gui for your perusal.

PbSkrMV.png

vRrwQvY.png

fQW6zpR.png

u5dxWyU.png

iYl0oBQ.png

hEeA55U.png

gZGRBtu.png

QxxX2l8.png

:)

Any ideas..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.