_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I cringe when I see Qihoo listed on anyone's profile.
I just don't see trusting a company that will take money to
let things through its detection. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of "security"
Looks good other than that though, Thanks for sharing.
Seeing your into Sig based security give EmsiSoft a honest look.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with the suggestions to include CCleaner for privacy & optimization and a good free system backup solution.
I also agree with @_CyberGhosT_ on Qihoo 360TS.Personally I think there are some better free AV options that you could combine with Windows firewall.
Personally I think you would be better with Windows 10 built in security(UAC,Smartscreen,Defender &Windows Firewall) plus ZAM Premium & VooDooShield.Then add a couple good free on demand scanners.
All in all your config is good and secure! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

photontorpedos

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 27, 2016
I agree with the suggestions to include CCleaner for privacy & optimization and a good free system backup solution.
I also agree with @_CyberGhosT_ on Qihoo 360TS.Personally I think there are some better free AV options that you could combine with Windows firewall.
Personally I think you would be better with Windows 10 built in security(UAC,Smartscreen,Defender &Windows Firewall) plus ZAM Premium & VooDooShield.Then add a couple good free on demand scanners.
All in all your config is good and secure! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
Shall look into replacing Qihoo with something like Avast Free. :) Any recommendations for free on-demand scanners? THANKS! (Shall install CCleaner too.)

I would like to suggest for a back up solution Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. ;)
Thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
for on demand scanners : Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free and Emsisoft Emergency kit :) Avast Free is an excellent choice for a free av! nice and light on the system even when protection settings are on max! we have some configuration tutorials here on MT provided by @Huracan. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Your configuration is really good, honestly using Qihoo as a product is not bad but people should justify if they think privacy will take down the overall impresion.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Shall look into replacing Qihoo with something like Avast Free. :) Any recommendations for free on-demand scanners? THANKS! (Shall install CCleaner too.)
Malwarebytes Antimalware,ESET Online Scanner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
Avast Free,Avira Free & Bitdefender Free are all good free AV solutions.

BMW325I

Level 1
Verified
Sep 16, 2016
Good configuration, but please follow suggestions about backups, CCleaner and also an AV change, honestly I also prefer for example Avast Free or Bitdefender Free instead of Qihoo.

Other than that you are protected. Thanks for sharing.
Is bitdefender free windows 10 compatible?

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.