CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
PicoTorrent

PicoTorrent is designed to be a tiny, easy-to-use BitTorrent client with low memory usage for Windows (Vista and above). No ads, carefully selected features, and a native user interface integrating seamlessly with your desktop. PicoTorrent is built directly on the Windows APIs which means that it is native looking on all Windows versions. PicoTorrent is built on libtorrent which is a high performance BitTorrent library used by several of the most popular BitTorrent clients.

At a glance:
  • Strong encryption with support for tunneling via I2P, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and HTTP(S)
  • Works with both IPv4 and IPv6
  • Multi-lingual user interface
  • Supports DHT, PeX, LSD, UPnP.
  • Geo IP lookups based on libmaxminddb.
  • (Azureus-style) peer ID: -PI-. Example: -PI0151- (major: 0, minor: 15, patch: 1).
  • User agent: PicoTorrent/x.y.z.
  • Native look-and-feel across Windows versions.
  • Easy to use with high performance.
  • Free, open source, with a great community
PicoTorrent 0.25 bugfixes:
  • #1126 - Use a static UUID for single instance checking to better avoid multiple instances - by @SadE54
  • #1138 - Fix assigning labels when multiple torrents are selected
  • #1141 - The delete key removes the torrent when tracker view has focus
Feature additions
  • When adding files from the command line, users can now pass the save path to use as well - by @SadE54
  • #1136 - Support sorting by torrent status
  • #1137 - Torrent ratio is calculated using all_time_upload / torrent_size
  • #1164 - Support label filtering in PQL
  • Updated translations

Homepage

Download links

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Been using it for almost 5 years now. I don't torrent as much anymore, but for when I need to I used PicoTorrent. Initially it happened, because I was looking for portable replacement for qBittorrent. I don't need all the extra fluff and stuff, didn't like the quite bulky download size for it nor wanted to use a portableapps variant or make it portable. Just nice and easy native portable solution and stuck with it.

Has come a long way, since 2015. Can really recommend it for those that just want a working minimal client, small file size, natively portable and don't need all the fluffy luxuries (majority don't use it anyway), but still want it customizable if needed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.