Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
High ping. (50-60)
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Scaning and deactive antivirus
Everything was great until last week. I can even watch 1080p with my 3mbps internet speed. I have 1 or 8 ping not more but now i have 50 and getting stabilezed and that's scares me. I called my isp and they said there is no problem neither our connection or yours.

I pluged lan cable still same and then i decided to test internet connection with my phone. I connected the same modem and i've got 9. Whaaat?

Shortly: With computer : 50 (before was under 9)
With my phone: 9

I am not expert of computer or internet but i think those ping supposed to be same isn't it ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes the Ping as been change without further notice. Way back I remembered in Saudi Arabia where ISP's momentarily change its latency and the grade result from A+ to C hence my gaming before tends to be laggish.

Reactions: Alkajak
Upvote 0

Enes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014

Unable to test. Something wrong with Java or my Firewall said the website.

But I've checked with "CMD" by sending ping to google. My ISP checked that too.

Sometimes the Ping as been change without further notice. Way back I remembered in Saudi Arabia where ISP's momentarily change its latency and the grade result from A+ to C hence my gaming before tends to be laggish.

In Turkey most common Internet Services called TTnet is limited speed on youtube because of the traffic. When people use vpn they can get full speed . If you 25mbps or 50, 100 doesn't matter. If you connect to youtube you will get 110-150kbps speed. I am just thinking my internet services is different but i am getting paranoiac. :)

Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

The original 9ms ping that you had, was that on wifi or ethernet? You mentioned you switched over to ethernet after.

Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

I am not a professional, but it could be one of two things:

1. It is your ISP and the technical support has no idea what they're talking about.
2. Your network interface controller is deteriorating.

2 is only a possibility because your PC's ping should not differ that much from your phone.

Upvote 0

Enes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
There are weird things happening on my pc these days. I believe that i must reset my windows 10. It might be virus or I've broke some system files with vpn software.

Eset keeps removing one file on OpenFreedom Vpn software after software become useless and then i removed from the qarantina maybe eset the problem is. I will find out with resetting my Win10 , thanks for helping i will give feedback after reset. Take Care!

Reactions: Alkajak
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.