PinguyOS 12.04 LTS Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
PinguyOS 12.04 LTS Is an ubuntu based distro with bags of extras to make it easy for everyone to use a linux desktop check it out!

Here is the final release of Pinguy OS 12.04 LTS. As you may have noticed, we have had a website redesign to reflect this great new release. We have fully embraced GNOME Shell here and wanted a modern, updated site to go with the new look of the desktop.

In this release we have:

Linux Kernel 3.2.0-25
GNOME 3.4.1
Wine 1.5.6
Skype 4.0
TeamViewer 7
XBMC-PVR 11.0 Eden
GNOME Shell Extension Updater
Everything else that was present in the previous Beta release.

The GDM login is now themed to match the desktop. The distro comes with two menus; Cardapio (Default) but also includes the Axe menu that is disabled.

Known Issues:

Not working with Btrfs.
The current build of VLC is a bit buggy. Can crash the desktop session. I would wait for an update or downgrade the release if you experience any problems. For now, the better alternative would be to use MPlayer as the default video player until VLC gets patched.

2uiMD.png

OgacO.png

uN5Pt.png

ZdU3j.png

cfvyW.png

Pinguy_OS

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Imran said:
Can i install this on WINDOWS?

If you have a Virtual Machine, yes.

This would be good to try out on another computer. Plus worth giving it ago because it's apart of Linux.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
As McLovin said you could try it in a virtual machine. Or you could partition your hard drive and install it along side windows. Pinguy_OS is a really good distro for newcomers to linux, it has everything you'll need already installed.

P

Plexx

Thread author
What Imran means is using a live cd installer.
Mint4win is the installer in the live cd for Linux Mint.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
No I think Imran means is there a wubi installer to install Pinguy within windows and there isn't one for Pinguy. As far as I'm aware all distros run as a live CD so you can try out the system first, well every distro I've tried does.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
There's no wubi/mint4win such installer in the ISO for Pinguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.