Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified

In2an3_PpG

Level 17
Content Creator
Verified
I don't want all the hassle to flash custom roms and keeping up with all the tweakings though.
I agree. Waste of time.

With Verizon, if you were planning on getting the Pixel 3 XL, you might as well jump up $70 to the iPhone XS. At least you would get the 5 years of iOS/security updates. Get more out of your money. Granted the battery lives that long. I am not much for the Android vs Apple debate. Currently own the Note 8 and regret it to this day. Apple seems like the better approach seeing that Android Flagships are climbing to the same price.

Vasudev

Level 27
Verified
I agree. Waste of time.

With Verizon, if you were planning on getting the Pixel 3 XL, you might as well jump up INR 5 160 to the iPhone XS. At least you would get the 5 years of iOS/security updates. Get more out of your money. Granted the battery lives that long. I am not much for the Android vs Apple debate. Currently own the Note 8 and regret it to this day. Apple seems like the better approach seeing that Android Flagships are climbing to the same price.
If you're in US, then getting a carrier locked phone and changing the phone during the contract sounds very good. With iOS no bloatwares at all.
I live in India, so there's no carrier locked phone. Standard or base version costs 1500$ and will go up to 1800-2000$ for highest spec model incl. taxes/VAT.

McLovin

Level 73
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
I see where they are coming from, as they need to upgrade phones in the future, but only 3 years worth of updates. The newer generation wouldn't really be fazed by this, but the older generation where they don't upgrade phones for 5 years plus

Reactions: Vasudev