Please Don`t Stop 360 Internet Security Development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight_samir

Thread author
Nov 11, 2014
For Qihoo 360 Developers
I heard that you are going to stop development of 360 internet security and startwith 360 total security. But let me tell you majorityof users like internet security rather than total security because totally security i filled with all those craps like cleaner, speed up which majority users don`t like bundled in an Av software.
Please i request even if you develop totalsecurity don`t leave internet security behind. You can develop both as most AV company does.

PLease it`s a humble request don`t leave internet security development.

Thank you
A Regular User of 360 internet security

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Usually an antivirus product has a free version and a paid version. But to manage 2 different free complete antivirus suites is not going to be an easy task..

The best I think that Qihoo can do, is to give an option in the installer about the components you need to install..I wish they gave us this.

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
Friend... i express the rough.

360TS is a super antivirus with Avira addition in the core.
If they do not meet certain features, nobody is forcing you to use...

R

RevolutionSphere

Even though I think that the Chinese version is still being updated or at least its more updated than the global version.

Reactions: MobilePCTech

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
It will not be, they will update to a new version with a new UI. They said that this will be also developed because people love it.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
I'm puzzled by the OP's post, and to who it is aimed at.
Do the Qihoo developers actually engage here at Malware Tips :confused:
If so i must have missed this all these years.

Reactions: darko999

TrojanSmart

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 25, 2014
The 360Internet Security Program, intended for protection, 360 Total Security, intended for protection with other additional tools, so it's always good to have more than 10 products for each category ...

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
360TS still a great AV soultion, it may have extra features you won't use, but stills... The protection is great and it runs light on system resources. Plus you have the chance to activate 2 extra engines which would work great for on demand scans.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
360TS still a great AV soultion, it may have extra features you won't use, but stills... The protection is great and it runs light on system resources. Plus you have the chance to activate 2 extra engines which would work great for on demand scans.

Honestly how is 2 extra engines useful in real-world scenario. The chances that you'll get infected that won't be present in the definitions of either engines are so so low, unless you're actually visiting a lot of malware sites by yourself :p

By the way am not complaining :oops:

Reactions: darko999

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Honestly how is 2 extra engines useful in real-world scenario. The chances that you'll get infected that won't be present in the definitions of either engines are so so low, unless you're actually visiting a lot of malware sites by yourself :p

By the way am not complaining :oops:

You didn't understand my point.
It's quite low the chance to get infected on common scenarios, averge use of the internet, if this behavior does not change of course. But, even so, you are not 100% safe, to the point anyone could surf the web for 3 years never get infected using no antivirus at all. In the other hand someone running a high reputation antivirus gets infected in six months. The chances are real.
The thing is everyone knows that getting infected is a low chance, and if you use your brain you are let's say "Safe", yet you run a scan with MBAM once a week or whenever you want just to make sure everything is okay. 2 extra engines disabled by default I believe, are quite useful for on demand scan. Since as malware evolves, your real time protection may have been useless under particular circumstances when you where 2 bussy thinking about how good your av is and how easy is 2 surf the web.
If I have the chance to install and then disable 2 extra engines that I can use for on demand scan only then I see it perfectly useful.
Why 2 extra engines on real time protection when we know how to surf right? Then I use them for On demand only ; )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not sure about this speculations however if that's confirmed then we have no choice.

Its better for Qihoo if maintained internet security with Avira engine bundled and improved all the components, and that's result for better compete with others.

No need for total security its just a rewrite version only.

MobilePCTech

Oct 20, 2014

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Friend... i express the rough.

360TS is a super antivirus with Avira addition in the core.
If they do not meet certain features, nobody is forcing you to use...
to heavy on the system and has to many unwanted active crap that can not be disabled.
that not an antivirus we want to use. qihoo cloud is more than enough. no need for cleaners and other engines

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
but you cant disable the annoying updater and the cleaners/optimizers. we dont need all that crap it taking a lot of sys recurrences

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.