Please Don`t Stop 360 Internet Security Development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
but you cant disable the annoying updater and the cleaners/optimizers. we dont need all that crap it taking a lot of sys recurrences
IDK I don't use quihoo my brother does, I installed it for him. And he hasn't complained about any kind of pop's up telling him to optimize anything. It is just there in the system tray protecting the system. Different story if you don't want to see it onthe GUI. It even runs ligther than ESET v8 on ram usage.

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
but you cant disable the annoying updater and the cleaners/optimizers. we dont need all that crap it taking a lot of sys recurrences

Actually I don't see how it uses system resources, unless you're using the components...

Like Darko said, there are no pop-ups asking you to clean.

But, if given a chance, I would certainly disable them if it's provided in the installation wizard.

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
IDK I don't use quihoo my brother does, I installed it for him. And he hasn't complained about any kind of pop's up telling him to optimize anything. It is just there in the system tray protecting the system. Different story if you don't want to see it onthe GUID. It even runs ligther than ESET v8 on ram usage.
I did try it, I didn't like the bugging of instal updates and no way to disable it.
I just don't like to update my sys, automatic update is disable in all my computers.
I update my sys once in 6 months or so..

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Friday, August 29, 2014 22:36

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your support to 360safe.

Compare to 360 Internet Security, 360 Total Security is a holistic solution to your
computer healthiness. Aside from security function like internet security, it offers other powerful functions like PC optimization and disk cleanup feature.

360 Total Security is our successor product of 360 Internet Security. It’ll replace 360 IS as our main PC security product in the near future.

So again, thank you and please feel free to contact us anytime you have any question or suggestion about our product.

Kind regards,

Emily

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Email: support@360safe.com

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
to heavy on the system and has to many unwanted active crap that can not be disabled.
that not an antivirus we want to use. qihoo cloud is more than enough. no need for cleaners and other engines
So we have a different experience my friend…

On the old C2D 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM with WXP runs much faster and (emotionally) loads the system less than Bitdefender IS 2015 (from which i came to him).

Yes, it uses 200 megabytes of RAM - but only with the activated both BD and Avira cores.

This AV i really like. I do not use additional functions ... and by the way! Me at home is licensed for BD (220 days) and Avast IS (3 years!). Why do you think, i did leave this license dusty and expired ? ;)

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
So we have a different experience my friend…

On the old C2D 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM with WXP runs much faster and (emotionally) loads the system less than Bitdefender IS 2015 (from which i came to him).

Yes, it uses 200 megabytes of RAM - but only with the activated both BD and Avira cores.

This AV i really like. I do not use additional functions ... and by the way! Me at home is licensed for BD (220 days) and Avast IS (3 years!). Why do you think, i did leave this license dusty and expired ? ;)
C2D is not that old man. I'm using t7500 and e8400. these cpu are more than enough for most tasks today. you can easy run 2 virtual machines with the e8400 but i do have some old laptop with Pentium 4. for this 360IS is great.
I wanted to find a light AV, just AV, one engines even with low detection rate and no bugging. MSE was my answer. but 360IS is much lighter and thats my first priority.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
@ knight_samir. I see this is your 1st post here so you probably don't see what I have already posted from Qihoo.

From Qihoo
: "we will still keep to support and update 360 Internet Security.
Currently, there's only updates on the virus database. The update to the application will be released soon in the near future.
Please stay tuned. Thanks for your attention and support to us.
"
when was this email. I received different answer. good to know its not discontinue.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
For Qihoo 360 Developers
I heard that you are going to stop development of 360 internet security and startwith 360 total security. But let me tell you majorityof users like internet security rather than total security because totally security i filled with all those craps like cleaner, speed up which majority users don`t like bundled in an Av software.
Please i request even if you develop totalsecurity don`t leave internet security behind. You can develop both as most AV company does.

PLease it`s a humble request don`t leave internet security development.

Thank you
A Regular User of 360 internet security

I have already sent feedback to the support team as i strongly believe the same as you and definitely 360 Internet Security is (so far) better product than 360 Total security. Still no answer from them, time will show

knight_samir

Thread author
Nov 11, 2014
when was this email. I received different answer. good to know its not discontinue.
Yah i received email from Qihoo support after i posted this thread.
Dear Samir,
Thank you for your support to 360safe.

360 Total Security is our successor product of 360 Internet Security. It’ll replace 360 IS as our main PC security product in the near future.

The retirement plan is still under internal discussion. The only thing for sure is that there will be notice posted 3~6 month in advanced on our website.

We never destroy 360 Internet Security.

We also want to make better user experience.

We are also trying to find a balance and combination between these two products.

So there won't be any result now.

We will make the notice on our website.

Currently we are going to continue to maintain 360 Internet Security with the database updated and minor fixes.

So again, thank you and please feel free to contact us anytime you have any question or suggestion about our product.

Kind regards,

Emily
Qihoo 360 Support Team

Let`s Hope for the Best.

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
For Qihoo 360 Developers
I heard that you are going to stop development of 360 internet security and startwith 360 total security. But let me tell you majorityof users like internet security rather than total security because totally security i filled with all those craps like cleaner, speed up which majority users don`t like bundled in an Av software.
Please i request even if you develop totalsecurity don`t leave internet security behind. You can develop both as most AV company does.

PLease it`s a humble request don`t leave internet security development.

Thank you
A Regular User of 360 internet security
Dear users on MalwareTips,
We have invested significant amount of resources to re-engineer, fine-tune, and bring more features to Total Security. Therefore, we highly recommend Total Security to our users, at the same time, we are glad to announce that the development of 360 Internet Security will be continued.

360 Internet Security is armed with technologies that currently protect nearly 500 million PC users worldwide. We will ensure its security features remain on par with its enhanced version. That is, 360 Total Security.

360 Total Security is a holistic solution that addresses all the security needs of a desktop computer user. What makes it stand out from conventional antivirus products, is its array of built-in utilities to optimize the PC, such as the performance enhancer, startup booster and the system clean-up utility.

Thank you for your support and choosing Qihoo 360.

Kind regards,
Qihoo 360 Support Team

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
360 Total Security is a holistic solution that addresses all the security needs of a desktop computer user. What makes it stand out from conventional antivirus products, is its array of built-in utilities to optimize the PC, such as the performance enhancer, startup booster and the system clean-up utility.

Thank you for your support and choosing Qihoo 360!

Please make these optional during installation, because there are many who aren't interested in this. Avast provides this in custom-installation section, so users can opt-out of features they aren't interested in. Try to understand. :oops:

noelis

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
honestly , I do not understand your problems .
a system cleaner is just as much for safety and the system cleaner of QTS works fine. ccleaner is not required.
with patch you do not need any more to the maintenance center.
these tools take away any performance.
a sandbox you can also find at Qihoo IS.
Avira Engine and Bitdefender engine can be deselected.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
a system cleaner is just as much for safety and the system cleaner of QTS works fine. ccleaner is not required.

There's a line between a product being a security suite and a performance enhancer. There are better tools for enhancing your performance, CCleaner is much better than the built-in one in 360TS. There's nothing wrong in having a performance/system enhancer, just let the user decide whether to have it or not?

knight_samir

Thread author
Nov 11, 2014
There's a line between a product being a security suite and a performance enhancer. There are better tools for enhancing your performance, CCleaner is much better than the built-in one in 360TS. There's nothing wrong in having a performance/system enhancer, just let the user decide whether to have it or not?
Agree on that.

For 360 Team
Though i like internet security more than total security here are some suggestions for total security:

1) In the speed up tab when i scan and it shows the items that can be speed up after i press optimize it optimizes but the button still shows optimize. I mean to say after optimizing is over there should be a button "Done" after pressing which it should return to original UI.
2) There should be a full offline update for avira and bitdefender engine as it takes too much time to update and does not resume.

3) There should be a progress bar(%) showing status of update.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Dear users on MalwareTips,
We have invested significant amount of resources to re-engineer, fine-tune, and bring more features to Total Security. Therefore, we highly recommend Total Security to our users, at the same time, we are glad to announce that the development of 360 Internet Security will be continued.

360 Internet Security is armed with technologies that currently protect nearly 500 million PC users worldwide. We will ensure its security features remain on par with its enhanced version. That is, 360 Total Security.

Thank you for your support and choosing Qihoo 360.

Kind regards,
Qihoo 360 Support Team

As other members wrote before...PLEASE MAKE THESE EXTRA TOOLS (speed up, clean up, performance etc etc) OPTIONAL, that the user will decide if he/she like to activate and use them during installation.Otherwise they just standing in the system consuming memory for nothing.

I will continue use Internet Security because i don't like to be forced to use other extra utilities when all i want is SECURITY and not system optimization.
I like soooo much Total Security 5.2 but i will never use it as long as it force me to install these extra utilities.

All the best
Mike.V

Reactions: tonibalas

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Can you say more about this (picture)?

12772_713252392104612_8373219302927513255_n.jpg

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
no it is not. system cleaners can delete something that should not be deleted and coz the system to be unstable.
many users don't like popup the the system is not up to date. (not saying its bad but user should be able to disable)
optimizer is disabling many tasks that may be needed. user should have the option to disable it.

anti virus should be just anti virus.

I do not use any cleaner not even the great CC

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
anti virus should be just anti virus.

I do not use any cleaner not even the great CC

Those days are gone, but you can always use Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender, I hear it's a simple AV without bells and whistle. Could be something great for you!

Everyone uses Cleaners in Windows, think about when you install and uninstall software, clearing browser history or temp files etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.