App Review Qihoo 360 Total Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Qihoo 360 test!

Qihoo 360 is a Chinese antivirus, quite popular.
Formerly partnered with Bitdefender & Avira, Qihoo now uses its own engines, and an engine named KuPeng, which I have activated.

The interface is relatively simple for novice users, even if several gadgets are present (like Tool Box, or cleaning tools which are for me, useless).
Qihoo has a firewall but it's impossible to configure it, you have to pay for it... (it blocked my VPN, I had to change the protocol)

As far as detection is concerned, Qihoo has a good reputation. It is fast, efficient and manages to detect malware.
But Qihoo relies too much on its Cloud... It's a good thing, yes, but unknown malwares are installed without reaction due to a low pro-activity...
The machine is infected by RemoteManipulator and another one that plays with PowerShell...
During the test, I accepted the installation of its web extension, it never reacted.

Qihoo can be recommended for careful surfing, but if you do risky surfing, skip it.

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All blocked)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 15 files out of 216.
I expected more from him...
Qihoo relies too much on its Cloud, and doesn't react during execution.
Its firewall blocks 2 malicious connections, but it is too limited, you can't configure it or intervene in its free version...

Resistance to script attacks: Yes in detection, no in unknown malware

Result :
Qihoo : 1
NPE: 3 (2 files belong to VyprVPN - ignored)

Recommand : Recommended only if you are a careful surfer
System Clean : No system infected (RemoteManipulator)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.