Please help, COM Surrogate high CPU

Jguinan101

Thread author
Nov 4, 2014
Thanks for any help. I'm pretty sure I covered all the basics here. Just let me know if I missed something. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    30.2 KB · Views: 44
  • FRST.txt
    44.6 KB · Views: 53

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Re-run FRST.exe as you did before ...

• Download fixlist.txt that you find attached at the bottom of this post and save it same place you
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt and will keep that log in the same folder where FRST.exe is.

> Attach here fixlog.txt logreport.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 52

Jguinan101

Thread author
Nov 4, 2014
thanks for the quick reply, ran the fix option and here is the resulting text file.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    9 KB · Views: 50

Jguinan101

Thread author
Nov 4, 2014
everything seems to be back to normal, CPU usage is hovering around %5. thanks for your help. I will report back if things change.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Good :)

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Jguinan101

Thread author
Nov 4, 2014
I have downloaded and ran DelFix. It seemed to do everything it was supposed to. I will attach the text file it produced.

Thanks again for all your help. Are there any other programs or downloads you would recommend?

Attachments

• DelFix.txt
    1 KB · Views: 40

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.