Troubleshoot Please help me!

Infected operating system
Android 5.0
Infected device
Samsung Galaxy Note3 SM-N900
Infected device issues
6 malwares comes back when i get rid of them. And they make my phone very slow and very hot when I'm not using it, it also drains my battery fast even though I'm not using my phone
Steps taken to remove the infection
*Avast Antivirus
*I boot it in to safe mode but there are no third party apps.
*Factory Reset.
*I always clean my junk files and cache.
*I always delete the Malicious apps but it keeps coming back

Epsonic

Thread author
Jun 12, 2018
Please help me to remove 6 malwares in my phone,when i delete the malware it keeps coming back. I already did a "Factory Reset" but it's still coming back, i also installed a anti-malware app it detects 6 malwares but when i remove the malwares it's still comebacks, please help! What should i do?! These 6 malwares makes my phone very slow and drains my battery fast and makes my phone very hot even when I'm not using it, and when I'm going to sleep at night my phone's battery is at 100% and in the moment when i wakeup in the morning the battery is already drained(0%), it also drains my battery even when I'm not using my phone. Please help me get rid of these 6 malwares.

*The Malware Apps are "App tools", "Ad service", "ART AMNHO", "com.android.backup", "com.android.tools" and "com.hurt.ocean.flow.applock".
*The Battery of my phone is new i just bought it 2 months ago.
*I already did a factory reset.
*I always clean my phone's cache.
*I already boot it into "Safe Mode" but there are no "third party apps".
*Samsung Note3 SM-N900*
I hope you can help me!
"Sorry for my grammar"
Please help me get rid of this malwares

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Jack

Epsonic

Thread author
Jun 12, 2018
Please help me to remove 6 malwares in my phone,when i delete the malware it keeps coming back. I already did a "Factory Reset" but it's still coming back, i also installed a anti-malware app it detects 6 malwares but when i remove the malwares it's still comebacks, please help! What should i do?! These 6 malwares makes my phone very slow and drains my battery fast and makes my phone very hot even when I'm not using it, and when I'm going to sleep at night my phone's battery is at 100% and in the moment when i wakeup in the morning the battery is already drained(0%), it also drains my battery even when I'm not using my phone. Please help me get rid of these 6 malwares.

*The Malware Apps are "App tools", "Ad service", "ART AMNHO", "com.android.backup", "com.android.tools" and "com.hurt.ocean.flow.applock".
*The Battery of my phone is new i just bought it 2 months ago.
*I already did a factory reset.
*I always clean my phone's cache.
*I already boot it into "Safe Mode" but there are no "third party apps".
*Samsung Note3 SM-N900*
I hope you can help me!
"Sorry for my grammar"
Please help me get rid of this malwares
Please help

xSploit

Level 1
Jul 7, 2012
The best and most effective option is simply backing up all your data and flashing the ROM.

The Samsung Note 3 is really easy to flash a ROM to (and that would eliminate any virus [writing a virus that would reside in the download partition and affect the Android partition is possible, but anyone who could do that wouldn't - there are too many other, and legitimate, things to do]). Just read [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN. (And have something to do once you start Odin flashing the phone - it's about 15 minutes of the most boring time of your life.)

It will wipe the phone, so if everything isn't already backed up, do it first (See Backing up an Android Device.) You'll have to set the phone up from jump - enter all your account information, install all the apps you've installed, everything. But any malware will be gone. (If the ROM isn't available on Sammobile, try XDA - most of the Note 3 ROMs have been posted there at one time or another - and you might even prefer one of the custom ROMs.).

maxxx

Jul 7, 2018
I have the same issue on a no-brand chinese phone (SOYES 6S) -- I suppose flashing the ROM is not an option on it. Did anything else work?

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Someone said: "If you can't flash it, get rid of it."
I'd also say buy a new one. Be more careful next time. Sorry :cry:

veronr

Aug 10, 2018
Having the same issue with some tablets, factory reset doesn't solve the issue, the malware comes back within few days.
The tablets are running Android 5.0.
Popups (NSFW) show up on the tablet randomly, slows down the tablet, and when doing factory reset, as soon as I connect to WiFi it starts installing this malware.

Any suggestions on how to remove this malware would be appreciated, flashing the rom is not an option for me :(

mosatros

Aug 25, 2018
I have the same problem with the same applications and some other. I hope to put screenshots in short. The antivirus says that one is safe and instead play protect it as harmful. I hope someone finds the solution. For the moment I have canceled completes the connections in the background and it seems that this blocks the action of the malware. regards
"application tools", "ad service", "ART AMNHO", "com.android.backup"

Tengo el mismo problema con las mismas aplicaciones y alguna otra. Espero poner en breve capturas de pantalla. El antivirus dice que alguna es segura y en cambio play protect la señala como dañina. Espero que alguien encuentre la solución. De momento yo he anulado completamenta las conexiones en segundo plano y parece que esto bloquea la acción del malware. Saludos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.