it is a chrome book
Infected device issues
virus
Steps taken to remove the infection
help

Malleable

Level 1
Mar 2, 2021
Since this has been here a while I assume you fixed this. If not, as you are probably aware, this site offers an excellent jammennaps response for everything except Chrome OS. I just searched "chromebook jammennaps" and found a number of chrome specific mitigations. Which ones would be the most effective choice are beyond the scope of this response. I personally would just carefully back up my data (scanning for lurking malware) and do a clean OS reinstall. I found this in the long run to be the easiest solution to problems of this sort taking into account time, effort, and ending up with a system you are assured is clean. Well, except for persistent BIOS-level malware attacks. But forget I said that.

Edit: I stand corrected. Chrome is included in here.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.