Please Help With ICE Cyber Crimes Ransomware

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoresfm

Thread author
Feb 14, 2014
First of all, I apologize for not downloading a scan log, but I am unable to do anything at all on the infected computer.

I started with your ICE removal guide, found here:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ice-cyber-crime-center-removal/

I could not do the first option, because the virus does not allow me to enter safe mode. It restarts into normal mode when I try.

I could not do the second option because my clean computer needs the 64 bit version and my infected computer uses the other.

Kaspersky recovery option seemed to work. It took all day to scan, but it did find ICE (my only infection), and said it deleted it, but then when I restarted back into windows the problem was still there. I saw someone in the comments of your removal post had the same problem and they were told to run windowsunlock. I did that but the problem persists. I scanned with Kaspersky a second time just in case it didn't actually delete it, but it found nothing this time.

Please help! What do I do now?

Last edited:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
  • Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
  • Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
  • Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
  • Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Wait for the CD to detect your hardware and load the operating system
  • Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop
    Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
  • Insert the USB with FRST
  • Locate the flash drive with FRST and double click
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

scoresfm

Thread author
Feb 14, 2014
Thanks for the instructions on how to get that accomplished. As it happens, the 64 bit version of hitman still worked on my older, infected machine. I ran that and it found 3 more files associated with ICE Cyber Crimes ransomware that Kaspersky did not find. Once those were gone everything was fine. Ran Malwarebytes just to be safe and everything is fine now.

Thanks so much for the guide you guys made. I don't even know how I got this thing because I didn't download any files and was just reading some articles online. Once I saw I couldn't restart into safe mode I was at a complete loss. Your suggestions saved me. Thank you.

ddaa

Oct 18, 2014
I had the same problem and I Google search ICE and this web site to remove it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.