Troubleshoot Please help!!!

Mandilynn

Thread author
Jul 11, 2017
Please help me, something is going on with my Samsung j7, I don't know anything about os systems, all I know is the app MY DEVICE says I have os system marshmallow 6.0.1, and that I do not have root access. It's seems like my web was rooted, and I am consistently receiving error reports whenever I browse the web. Errors like 404, and things that say cache something. Also it is always saying goo.client5 and I am being blocked from sites!? I am a girl and I don't know much

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
go to settings > apps > all

select the browser & clear cache / clear data & then force stop.

try the browser again & see if the problem persists.

Reactions: WolfensteinXeen
Upvote 0

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
This is a very hard post to understand... sounds like network issues or the phone just needs to be reset or ispx's advice just clear caches. Could be an app you installed recently is doing bad things

p.s. just because you are a girl does not equate to "not knowing much" (o_O)

Upvote 0
W

WolfensteinXeen

Hi,

If your device is not rooted there are simple ways to check out if your smartphone is infected and bring it back to normal. Please note that the problems you encounter are not necessarily coming from a malware infection and could be cause by your mobile provider, wrong settings or a broken update for example.

Here's what you should do:

1: that can seem obvious but have you tried to shut down and restart your phone ? This is the first thing to do if you encounter any kind of bugs or crash.

2: you need to make sure you won't lost your data. Make sure you're connected to your Google account and sync your settings (go to this help page and down to "Manually sync your account" for an explanation on how to do so). If your device is not connected already to your account or asks you to enter a password do NOT do it as of now, as a malware could steal your password (you can do it once you've proceeded step 3 and know your phone is clean). Don't forget to save your pictures as well. If you're lost and want to know more about how to sync your settings and save your data this is an awesome tutorial.

3: go to Google Play and try and download some free malware removal tools. A scan with Malwarebytes and Bitdefender should detect most threats.

4: if you still have issues, you can try and clean temporary files with CCleaner to see if that fix the problem.

5: if none of the above solved your problem, you should proceed with a master reset. This should solve any issues you have as it will set back your phone to factory settings. Here's a useful tutorial on how to do so. Don't forget to save your data as explained in step 2 as this will erase all your data and settings.

Let me know how it goes and good luck ;)

Reactions: brod56 and ispx
Upvote 0

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Things to consider (by order if the above step does not work):
- Check if it is effectively a network problem (affecting all devices connected to it)
- Clean cache with Samsung manager
- Run Zemana and Bitdefender and see if any malware is detected
- Soft reset the phone
- Hard reset the phone after doing backups

Reactions: WolfensteinXeen
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.