Troubleshoot Please insert a disc into drive D:. Error

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Can you put some screenshots, that might help me understand what could be the problem.

• Which Operation system.
  • Antivirus Program.

Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
1)Windows Xp
2)Avast

Screenshots please.
This problem might be created by Virus or Some Hardware Problem.

If Virus Problem than:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free uses industry-leading technology to detect and remove all traces of malware, including worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, and more.
It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts.

1. You can download download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the below link.
    MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free”)
  2. Once downloaded, close all programs, then double-click on the icon on your desktop named “mbam-setup-consumer-2.00.xx” to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Setup.jpg

UAC-prompt.jpg
    You may be presented with a User Account Control dialog asking you if you want to run this file. If this happens, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
  3. When the installation begins, you will see the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard which will guide you through the installation process.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-2-0-installation.jpg

To install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your machine, keep following the prompts by clicking the “Next” button.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-2-0-final-screen.jpg
  4. Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the “Fix Now” button.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-fix-now.jpg

Alternatively, you can click on the “Scan” tab and select “Threat Scan“, then click on the “Scan Now” button.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-threat-scan-option.jpg
  5. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the “Update Now” button.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-2-0-update-now.jpg
  6. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for the Esuack virus. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is scanning it will look like the image below.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-scan.jpg
  7. When the scan has completed, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the “Quarantine All” button, and then click on the “Apply Now” button.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-potential-threat-detected.jpg

Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.
  8. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now quarantine all the malicious files and registry keys that it has found. When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
    malwarebytes-anti-malware-remove-virus.jpg

After your computer will restart, you should open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform another “Threat Scan” scan to verify that there are no remaining threats

Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0
R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
Here's the screenshot, I shall get to scanning right away.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I should explain, there are two types of DVD, the plus and minus standards. Some dvd drives will have difficulty working with one format or the other, particularly with older drives. I remember some years ago with an old computer of mine, i bought a pack of dvd discs, and for some reason they didn't show up, i got the same error as you. It wasn't until years later that i realised they weren't physically compatable with my drive ;)

Upvote 0

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Could you take a photo of the discs (any logos, brand names etc) and a photo of your dvd drive and I'll check for you if you like

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
+1 for the DVD may be incompatible.

Edit: Try another disc brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malware1
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.